coffee shop sweetheart - Jschlatt

♡︎ mafia au! ♡︎ ➪ Jschlatt x  Gender neutral reader

  ♡︎ mafia au! ♡︎
Jschlatt x Gender neutral reader

Schlatt never liked sitting in a cafe, he loved sitting at his desk. Surrounded by the documents he had to finish, smoking a cigar that smoked up the room, and answering phone calls from the other members about meetings and money.
But here he was, sitting in a small coffee shop at 2am, sitting closest to the counter. He never liked the aroma of sweets and caramel, yet here he was in a cafe, closest to the counter, letting the aroma surround him like a hug he never wanted.

Schlatt liked his coffee black. The bitterness that kept him awake during sleepless nights, as he finished documents and 3 hour meetings with the others. Yet here he was yet again, sitting in a cafe. With a small caramel macchiato on it's way.
But how could he have said no, when he saw you?

When he walked in, he already felt like he was going to regret it. Till he walked up to the counter and his eyes met yours. You seemed nervous, fiddling with your hands as you tried to keep your composure.
"Um, welcome to Daydream Diner and Cafe! How can I help you?" You asked, your voice was like music to his ears. It was like sweet maple syrup and fresh strawberry pancakes at sunrise. He was whipped

"Anything you recommend?" He asked, watching as you smile slightly and think about it. "I would say a caramel macchiato sir, it's a sweet and delicious." You say, he nods and smirks. "I'll take a caramel macchiato please." He says, a slight blush forms on your cheeks as you look into his eyes. "y-yes." You stutter slightly, "anything else?" You ask, he shakes his head. "No that's it."
You quickly nod and tell him the price,and he gives you a $20. Knowing fully well that the price was just below $10.
"Here your change si-" Before you could finish, he smiles and quickly interrupts. "Keep the change sweetheart." He says, before walking off to his seat.

Schlatt stared at the dark brown table infront if him, tracing the small dents and lines of the wood.
"So this is where you've been eh?"
Schlatt looks up to Noah and Cooper, wearing their casual outfits. Must've finished a meeting. They looked at him with an amused smirk as they take a seat.

"So." Cooper says, catching Schlatt's attention. "What are you doing here? You don't even like public places, let alone coffee shops." Cooper asks, and Noah leans in.
"And what the hell are doing without your gun? We just had a breach in security and yet you decide to go out?
We're the biggest target at the moment Schlatt." He says, but schlatt doesn't seem to be paying attention.
He was looking at you, making his caramel macchiato. Pouring the cold drink into a cup, piping out the whipped cream in a perfect swirl, and drizzling the caramel quickly.
All of the complaints seems to fall onto deaf ears.
Til-

"Ow! Why did you just smash your fist on my hand Noah?! What the fu-"

"Will you stop staring at them for a couple seconds?" Cooper asked, smirking slyly as he watches a blush rise to his cheeks and ears.
"Shut the hell up will you? We aren't the only ones here alright?" Schlatt says, looking around to see the Hippies and goths that sat near the corners of the cafe, drinking one cup of coffee for what seemed like hours.
The buisness men that typed on their laptop with speed as they tried to finish that presentation.

And lastly, you. Almost glowing behind the counter as you quickly capped the caramel macchiato. Putting in a straw,
And making your way to his table.
"They're coming this way, shut the fuck up." Schlatt says quickly, watching you walk up to him with a smile that seemed to make the room brighter.

"Here's your caramel macchiato sir!" You say, he quickly thanks you. Watching as you go back to the counter and grabbing pastries and putting them into a small bag.
Noah and Cooper look at him, two different expressions that both said something completely different from the other. Staring at the buisness man who was seemingly whipped for someone he's never known.

Noah looked almost pissed, disappointed. While Cooper looked at him with a smirk, trying to hide his laughter that seemed like it was going to explode. Soon Cooper snorts, laughing loudly into the sleeve of his hoodie as Noah sighs, trying to not punch Schlatt harshly in the stomach. Leaning back into his chair and sighing.

"Carson's gonna be pissed you know that right?" Noah says, catching Schlatt off guard, making him choke on the drink he was sipping.
He tried to calm down, trying not to cough too loud as Cooper laughed at his current state. Soon Schlatt recovers, "he found out?" He asks, Cooper chuckles. "He was the one who found you gone, with your gun on the table dude." He says, Schlatt raised a brow. "Shit-"
Before he could say anything else, he got a text from Carson himself.

Boss 👑:
you better get your asses at headquarters now. We got evidence that the Misfits were accountable for the security breach.

Schlatt sighs, "we gotta get to headquarters soon." He says, feeling another vibration he looks at his phone.

Boss 👑:
And Schlatt, if you're getting food I will personally beat the fuck outta you.

Schlatt let's out a breathy laugh. "We gotta get going." He says, Noah nods while Cooper still has that smirk plastered on his face.
Schlatt tries not to make contact with the other boys as he pulls out a 50 dollar bill, walking up to the counter.
Putting it quickly into the tip jar.

Schlatt sighs one for time, before walking towards Noah and Cooper. Grabbing his jacket, phone, and the small caramel macchiato. As the boys file out of the door, Schlatt quickly hears small "wait! Sir!" All three look back to see you speed walking towards Schlatt, a bright red blush evident on your cheeks.

"You forgot this sir, have a nice night!" You say, smiling warmly at Schlatt abd going back to the counter. Refilling coffee's and taking orders.
Cooper and Noah raise a brow as Schlatt opens the paper.

Schlatt blushes and laughs as he reads the paper.

----------------------------------------------------
To the coffee shop sweetheart:
My name's y/n
Call me, beep me, when you wanna reach me
(xxx)-xxx-xxxx

Hope to see you soon ♡︎
----------------------------------------------------

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎
Hope you liked it! I've been wanting to do something like this for a while!
I really liked all the other one-shot/imagine books by other authors.
And alot of them inspired me to do this!

If you guys have any criticism or opinion on what I could do better, please let me know! Like I said before, I need to learn as much as possible to improve.