16

The next few days went as slow as molasses, because of her concussion, she wasn't able to return to school for almost a week. Thankfully, her father didn't come home within that time. So she was able to heal in one piece.

A knock at her door sounded and she got off the couch from watching whatever show was keeping her occupied. To no surprise, it was Emmett, he had been coming over every day to give her the homework that she had been missing.

"You don't have to keep coming every day, you know." She closed the door behind her as he walked in. "I could just play catch up when I go back."

His golden eyes surveyed her home and since she had been home all week, she had deep cleaned the house. Though she still hadn't fixed the damaged that her father had caused during his drunken stupors. The house was somewhat guest appropriate. His eyes then scanned her up and down and his lips curled up in a grin.

"Nice outfit, Chamberlain." He mocked when he concluded that she was home alone again.

Her cheeks flamed when she remembered that she was in her fleece white top that looked like a sports bra and matching booty shorts. Her hair was braided into two French braids and she wore black knee high socks.

"Shut up." She lightly punched his arm and grabbed her homework. "Thank you for bringing my work."

"Anytime." He grinned.

"Did you want to stay a bit?" She asked after an awkward silence and when he made no move to leave.

"Sure." He smiled at the smile that graced her lips.

When she sat on the couch, she was sure that he would choose to sit on the love seat or on the other side of the couch but he sat right next to her with his arm behind her. The sounds of Law and Order filled the silence between them. Sometime towards the middle of the show, his arm came down and wrapped around her shoulders, gently pulling her closer to him until their sides were touching.

Emmett realized that Lilith didn't seem to notice or care because she was so wrapped up in the show. He stared at her profile and watched each expression on her face as the show progressed. Her face was an array of emotions and how she was able to conceal them beneath her mean girl facade for so long was a mystery to him.

"I don't know where you're from, but around here, staring is rude." She said with her eyes still glued to the tv.

He chuckled and she looked at him with a smile, "I just like what I see." They both shared a laugh, that was the first conversation they had that made them start talking to each other.

Emmett was lost in her beautiful brown eyes. They were small but filled with so much happiness. Neither of them knew who leaned in first, but the next thing they know is that their lips were touching. It was like pure magic the way that their bodies responded to each other. His body seemed to come alive at her warm touch and her cinnamon scent covered him like a blanket. She was perfection and he couldn't get enough.

By the time they had pulled away, they noticed that she had gotten onto his lap straddling him with her arms around his neck and his large hands on her waist. She was tiny, but managed to fit him like a puzzle piece. Their foreheads were pressed together and she was lightly panting from the passion of the kiss. He pecked her lips again and his eyes grazed over every pore on her face.

"Are you wearing color changing contacts?"

Emmett could practically kill himself, their kiss made him hungry for her. Not for her blood, but for her essence. The predator in him wanting all of her.

"Something like that... I'm sorry Lilith, I didn't come here to take advantage of you."

Her heart swelled with happiness, he was so considerate of her. "Nothing happened that I didn't want to happen, Emmett."

He searched her face for any kind of a lie or a sign of discomfort. "So what do you want to do? I don't want to pressure you or anything with labels if that's not what you want."

She liked that he was giving her a choice to decide things. Lately, she's felt like her choices were ripped away from her and she had to pretend to be someone that she's not. But Emmett always put the ball in her court and was fine with whatever she choose. It was nice.

"I have a lot of baggage, Emmett and it wouldn't be fair to put that on you."

He put both of his hands on her cheeks, "Then let me help you unload it."

He was everything she wanted in a boyfriend and here she was, scared of getting hurt or betrayed. He proved time and time again that he cared about her, it was time to put her heart on the line for once.

"Can we take it slow?" She took the chance but she was still nervous.

This would be completely new territory for her, despite what everyone thinks, she was still a virgin.

"As slow as you want, baby." He beamed.

"Smile any harder and your face is gonna get stuck like that." She joked.

"I'm sorry, you just don't understand that you've just made me the happiest man on Earth." He confessed.

She tried to turn her head away but he kept a gentle grip on her face and kissed her.

Kissed his girlfriend.