4

Emmett knew that something was off about his mate the second he saw her at school. She was there but she wasn't there if that even made sense, she just wasn't herself. She walked into school and instead of meeting up with her clique, she just walked past them. She didn't even object when he heard that she had to show the new girl around.

Bella Swan sat in the office as she waited for her tour guide, she didn't want one but the school insisted. The door opened and she looked up to see a beautiful girl with brown skin, dark brown almost black eyes and long hair that was hanging down to her mid back. Her lips were painted a bright red and they stood out against her all black outfit. Bella felt self conscious around her already.

"Isabella Swan?" The girl asked, even her voice was beautiful.

"Bella, but yeah."

"Lilith Chamberlain." Lilith took a quick glance at her schedule, then turned on her heel to leave and Bella quickly followed.

Bella noticed how the student body seemed to watch them and talk about them but Lilith seemed to pay them no mind as she pointed out different classrooms and wings of the building. They got to Bella's locker and lucky for them, it was only a few down from Lilith's. Bella watched as Lilith grabbed some books out and stuffed them into her over sized purse.

"Good morning Lilith." A male voice said.

Bella looked over on Lilith's other side to see a pale boy, paler than her, with huge muscles and gold eyes leaning up against the lockers. The boy paid no mind to her as he focused his attention just on Lilith. He crossed his large arms and just stared down at her with a smile on his face, anyone with eyes could see that he liked her.

"Emmett." The boy, Emmett, just smirked at her while she didn't even spare him a glance. She just checked her make up in the mirror of her locker, ignoring the stares of the beautiful boy. "Let's go Bella." She closed her locker and walked around him. Bella gave Emmett an awkward smile and sped walked after her.

"Who was that?" Bella asked, she turned around and Emmett was still looking at Lilith with a smirk on his face until they rounded the corner.

"Emmett Cullen," Lilith stopped in her tracks and looked down at her. With her heels, she was a few inches taller but without them, they were probably the same height. "You're pretty enough, maybe you can get him off my back." She looked Bella up and down before walking away. Bella blushed and walked with her.

"Sorry, he's not my type." She awkwardly laughed.

"It's just harmless flirting," She flipped a piece of hair over her shoulder. "I can show you if you want."

Bella's face flamed but she didn't object, it'll be a task for another day.

Lilith stopped in front of the gym and Bella raised an eyebrow. "Have fun in gym." Lilith said and went the other way. Bella groaned when she looked down at her schedule and realized that gym was her first period class of the day, she hoped that they wouldn't let her play.

"What were you doing walking with a newbie?" Cynthia asked as she joined Lilith in their first period class.

"Giving her a tour, Mrs. Henderson said she'd give me extra credit if I did it."

Extra credit sounded great, but when you've been high honors since elementary school, she didn't really need it. Besides, Isabella didn't seem like a complete loser, a little awkward but she didn't talk a lot and Lilith liked that. Not only that, she didn't seem to judge her like everyone else did.

"Hey babe, who's the new meat?" Lilith rolled her eyes at Axel's statement and clutched his hand when he put it around her shoulders.

"Stop calling me that, I'm not your babe." She squeezed his hand tight and bent his pointer finger back. She smirked when he yelped and tore his hand away.

She walked away from him and glared when she met Edward Cullens eyes.

Mind your business Cullen

His eyes widened slightly and he turned around. She knew the Cullens were weird and she knew it was best to keep her distance.

-

Edward walked into the cafeteria with his siblings and he could immediately tell that his mate was there, her scent called to him like how Emmett always described Lilith's.

Bella looked at him and his family as Jessica and Angela described how he and his family were all adopted by a local doctor in Forks.

"Edward and Emmett are the only single ones." Jessica said explained.

Once they had sat at their own table not too far from theirs, Lilith walked in the cafeteria and Bella couldn't help but notice how love struck Emmett looked. Who could blame him though? Lilith was a knock out. She walked in with a couple of cheerleaders and jocks and Bella gave her a small wave. Lilith gave her a small smile and sat at the table on the other side of the cafeteria.

"No way! You know Lilith Chamberlain?" Jessica gasped, she had been trying to get Lilith's attention since middle school.

"Not really... uh, she was my tour guide this morning." Bella explained.

"That's such a big deal, she doesn't talk to anyone outside of her clique." Angelia said. "What's she like?" Bella looked over at the girl in question and watched as she mostly kept to herself while the people around her were talking, she looked... lonely.

"She's pretty nice, we didn't talk much."

"Lilith, nice? Yeah right, she's the Queen Bee of the school, people like her aren't nice." Jessica said snidely.

"Yeah, watch your back, I heard she steals boyfriends." Angela said when she noticed Bella looking at Edward from time to time.

Bella took another look at Lilith who was now eating her lunch, it was as if they were talking about a different person. Bella didn't get that vibe from her at all. But then again, they've known her longer than Bella had.

All the conversation in the world couldn't stop Lilith's mind from wondering to Paul's behavior yesterday. She knew he was lying but the question was why, they usually told each other everything. And since when did he hang out with those two other guys?

Something wasn't adding up and Lilith needed to figure out what was going on.

A/N: Updating in honor of my first anniversary married 😊