Did You Know? Real&Ideal Pt:4

1. How Complicated
This story has definitely been the most difficult I've written by far. Funny enough, I've actually had to make a spreadsheet to keep track of the details. (For those of you looking for writing tips, this spreadsheet has helped me tremendously!)

 (For those of you looking for writing tips, this spreadsheet has helped me tremendously!)

2. The ending
As a fun tidbit, during the writing of Chapter 10, I finally decided on the ending. Up until that point, I'd had a vague idea, but hadn't yet decided on specifics.

3. Maruki's Confidant
Since I began planning this story, I had a very specific motive and technique for completing Maruki's Confidant in the chapters and protraying it to the reader. I wanted to give the story that mysterious edge that you feel throughout the entire third semester of the game.

To do this, I actually rewrote some of the confidant arcs, making them different and confusing. At some points, if you didn't realise while reading, I actually meshed together Sumire's Maruki encounter's with Ren's confidant ranks.

4. Too much dialogue!
Some of the most time consuming parts of writing for me are when I need to sift through dialogue to keep things canon.

This normally happens in cutscenes between major points in the game, which I replay so I can retell in my story.

For example, for Chapter 12, I spent roughly 1.5 hours replaying dialogue scenes in game while writing all the lines down, editing them to match my story, and rewriting to fill in the gaps.

After all that work, I ended up only using a few lines. But! If I hadn't have replayed and written down the dialogue and those scenes, the chapter would have come out confusing and unrelated. Ultimately, the entire warehouse scene wouldn't have made sense if I didn't replay it in game first.

No pain, no gain! :")