Third Day, Part 2

"Let's see here... Skin Screamers, Feet Screamers, Screamer Screamers-ahah! Skull Screamers! Yup, says here once the sleep fatigue sets in, we have less than ten hours to exterminate the creature before it lays its eggs. In which will take less than an hour for the eggs to hatch... causing probable death of the host as the babies eats them from the inside-oh, I probably shouldn't read this out loud."

Amity glares at Eda then resumes in taking care of the area around King and Luz. She gently props the pillow beneath their heads trying her best to make them as comfortable as they can. She then takes Luz's hand into her own and gave it squeeze, hoping by some chance they would open their eyes.

"You're saying we need to get into their dreams?" Amity asks, "Just like how you sent us both into Willow's mind to save her memories?"

"Not exactly," Eda places down the book then takes another spoonful of the frog's gumbo, "Mm, physically entering a dream... can be dangerous, especially when it gets corrupted and turn into a nightmare. Once a Skull Screamer enters your dream, it no longer exists in our physical plane of existence. So, we'll need to approach it with a different method."

"How so?"

Eda takes a moment to go for another bite and moans, "You know, this stew isn't so bad. I was worried seeing all that garlic he threw in but it's not overpowering-"

"Eda!"

"Oh, excuse me for feeling hungry. I just spent hours clearing the house for any more of those critters you brought here while you kids were running around at the beach. Honestly, I let you sleep in my home, eat my food, and even gave you love advice, and you want me to clean up your mess on an empty stomach?"

Amity drags her hand across her face and groans, "Sorry, I'm just a little worried about their safety. Can you please continue?"

Eda places down the bowl and pulls out a different tome. She takes a moment to skim through the pages until she finds what she's looking for, "Here we go! A spell that can connect people to the same dream. The best way to squash a spider inside the dream world is to either take the fight to them or force the host to wake up. However, the spider's sleep venom cuts all their outside senses from disturbing the host. We could throw those two down a flight of stairs, but it will do nothing besides giving me a good laugh. But if we find their conscious in there, we can try to convince them to wake up."

Amity looks back to Eda, "What will happen to the spiders?"

"The same way all dreams end, they cease to exist. You can imagine how problematic that would be for us if we did the same method." Amity shivers at the thought of a dimensional collapse. Her stomach feels uneasy from the idea of invading Luz's mind. Either seeing things she should not see or things she is afraid to see.

But she will not let that bother her again. She was afraid before with Willow, but it was because of Luz she was able to face her mistakes. She hesitated before but not this time. Amity gently lowers Luz's hand to the sheets but does not let go.

"Would you quit holding her like a terminally ill patient, you're making me depressed," exclaimed Eda as she makes her way over to them. Amity shoots her a glare then stands up to face her.

"Who are we starting first?" she asks.

"Both," answered Eda.

"Both!? You mean, you're going to send me in alone?"

"Got no choice, time goes by quick in the dream world. We could end up losing one of them before we finished the other. And I know King better than anyone soooooooo-" Eda drags out the word as she also realizes what she just said.