Chapter 3

"...Lou," I said, standing frozen in the hallway as Louis stared me down. He sighed and pursed his lips, patting the spot on the couch next to him.  Hesitantly I shuffled towards him and planted myself down onto the couch. 

Biting my lip, I turned to face him. His eyebrow was raised, and his once sweet and playful blue eyes had turned into harsh, frustrated ones. 

"Lou d-don't look at me like that, please?" I stuttered, looking down to my knees. Don't you dare cry, Harold.  I mentally prepared myself for the worse. Was he going to lash out on me? Maybe he won't say anything. Or maybe he'll just ignore me. I was secretly hoping that he would just ignore me and go to bed but he didn't. 

"Harry, what the hell where you thinking?" Louis said finally. I gulped and clutched onto the fabric of my jeans, shaking my head slowly.  

"I don't know," I croaked. Louis sighed deeply pinching the bridge of his nose with his fingers. He squeezed his eyes shut, shaking his head back and forth. I watched him, inching away from him carefully, turning away to wipe my glassy eyes. 

"Louis," I tried. Looking up into his deep blue eyes I pulled a pathetic looking pout. He snickered and turned away. "Please, hear me out," I pleaded after letting out a shaky chuckle.  

Louis looked me straight in the eyes. He looked tired. The bags under his eyes made him look twice as old as he was. His hair was sticking up in every direction, and was messily sprawled across his forehead.   

"You can't just bring someone into our house, Harry! She could be a murderer in disguise or something, we'll never be able to get her to leave!" 

"Louis," I whined, my lip jutting out uncontrollably.

"She could be a fan!" Louis hissed, directing his eyes towards the hallway as if he expected her to come screaming out of the bedroom.

"Please, just hear me out?" I whispered, Louis sighed and shook his head, pursing his lip angrily. After a long moment of silence Louis broke the quiet. 

"Go on," He urged, raising his eyebrows expectantly. 

"Oh right. Ehrm, well we could just let her stay for a night, and once she finally talks to us we'll find her mum or whoever and we can just take her back, yeah?" I said, giving him a cheeky smile in hope.  

Groaning, Louis nodded his head finally. I grinned even wider and threw my arms around his shoulders, breathing in his deep musky scent. 

"Look, I'm not exactly thrilled either to have a random stranger to stay in our house, but it's a bit too late to kick her to the streets now right?" I said pulling away from him. He shrugged, casting his eyes away. 

"She looked hurt too," Louis mumbled, yawning sleepily.  Nodding my head, I rested onto his shoulder.

"Her name's Rebecca." I smiled proudly. Louis snapped his head towards me in surprise. 

"You got her to talk to you?!" 

"No, no! She uh, she wrote it on a piece of paper," I chuckled, rubbing the nape of my neck. Louis nodded, rubbing his eyes. 

"I see."

 "Well can you go away? I'm sleeping on the couch tonight." I smirked. Louis sighed and ruffled my curls before forcing himself up off the couch. He quietly shuffled towards the hallway and blew a playful kiss in my direction.  

Chuckling, I closed my eyes and sprawled myself across the couch. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. My eyes snapped open and I recoiled in surprise.

"Shh! It's just me. C'mon, sleep on the couch in my room. It's more comfortable, plus I have blankets in there," Louis laughed. He held out his hand and pulled me off the couch.