Chapter 13

I choked back an enstrangled whine. 

What the fuck did I just do? I kissed Harry Styles, that's what I just did! I just cheated on my boyfriend! I ran a frustrated hand through my hair, fingers catching within my snarles. He's going to be so mad. My whole body did a ripple of fear just thinking about what Jake might do if he ever found out. 

God help me if he's already out there looking for me.  

"Rebecca? Rebecca what's going on are you okay?" 

Harry. Shit. I turned and stared at the door, catching my bottom lip between my teeth. The wood of the door rattled on it's hinges as Harry pounded on the door once with his fists. I strode forward quickly, locking the door. 

"You okay? Becca did you just lock the door?!" 

"L-Leave me alone," I shouted, searching the room for a place to get out. I needed to get away from this place, come home to Jake, and get away from all of this shit. I don't have time for this. 

There was a window, partially hidden behind two flowing purple curtains. I started towards it, swiftly striding towards the window determinedly. I put the curtains aside and opened the window, staring down  at how far I'd have to jump. 

Pretty far. at least a 10 foot drop. Just before I was about to risk it and jump, I stopped myself. 

What the fuck am I doing? I'm about to jump from a window to escape the nicest people I've ever known, that's what I'm doing. Why am I so eager to return to Jake? The bruises hidden around my body could prove that I didn't need to go back to him anytime soon. But...he could always change. When he's not hurting me, he's the sweetest guy in the world. 

I can't stay here much longer, though. Sniffling, I wiped my nose with the back of my sleeve before slowly crawling down from the window.  

"Becca," Harry said quietly, his voice coming in softly through the wood of the door. I unlocked it and slowly swung it open, only to be rushed into a hug, Harry's arms wrapping tightly around my form. 

"What's the matter with you? Are you alright?" Harry said quickly. I nodded in his shoulder, trying to hold back from crying. I couldn't tell him. Not now.  

"I...I just freaked o-o-out a little is all," I whispered, pulling back awkwardly to look down at the floor. I felt a finger hook under my chin and suddenly I was looking into green, worried eyes that flicked over my face.

"Hey, look it's alright," Harry said softly. "We can just forget it..yeah?" I nodded slowly and Harry let go of my chin.  We naturally slipped away from each other, and Harry drifted off somewhere into the kitchen. I sighed through my nose. 

"Hey, Harry.." I said softly, wandering to where he was rustling around in the kitchen - most likely searching for something to eat for dinner later. The time had already drifted off to four P.M. "I-I need t-t-to tell you something." 

"Hey, I need to go to the store. You wanna head out with me? You can tell me then," Harry said, already shrugging his coat over his broad shoulders. 

"Yeah...yeah okay," I nodded. 

-x-

Harry's POV

"So what is it you wanted to tell me, Becca?" I asked nonchalantly as we walked down the sidewalk. She shrugged. 

"Oh..that. I-It's nothing." 

"Are you sure? It didn't sound like nothing when you asked me," I said softly. My eyes were still trained on her form as she walked, gaze downcast to the sidewalk.