Tilting my own head slightly to the side, I leaned in and whispered, “Fine, you have my permission to shift into your fox, occasionally. But it comes with a price…” I added, loosening my hold and trailing my hand over her neckline. My eyes darkened considerably when she kept her eyes downcast, although they have shown a glimmer of hope.

“Forget the fact that you have a True mate and accept me.” Her eyes lit up by anger, her fists slowly clenching but she didn’t comment. “Go feed.” I drawled darkly before I turned around.

She wouldn’t have to be alone…as soon as I could get my hands on that soulshifter, Paige…she’d have company and I’d have a new toy…as well as a new blood source. A cruel smile slipped on my lips before I linked to my generals.

“Prepare our best trackers. I want every bit of information about any remaining soul-shifters, as soon as possible. Break into the hunter files if you have to!”

“Yes, Milord! One of our informants in Rio has already reported that the hunters are researching the disappearance of that Kale figure.” Roark answered politely. He was one of my most trusted generals and I smiled contently. “Good. Keep me informed.” I said before breaking the link when I arrived in the royal wing of the mansion; my chambers.

Time to feed…

My ears picked up the wavering, erratic heartbeat coming from my chambers and I smirked, my whole demeanor became more predator like while I slowly opened the door, enjoying the fact that the waves of fear were flowing through the room while bare footsteps scurried away.

“Come out, come out, wherever you are…” I drawled slowly, shutting the door behind me before locking it with a loud click. The heartbeats accelerated even more while I inhaled deeply. My mouth tugged in a crooked smile when I heard and smelled the blood slave around my bedroom.

“You know…we can do this easy or very easy…Easy; you’re coming out and reveal yourself…” I trailed off while I carelessly shoved my shoes out and lost my jacket. “Or real easy. Let’s be honest, I can almost dance on the tone of your heartbeat.”

Waiting for a few seconds, the slave didn’t move an inch, so I sighed slightly, shaking my head a bit. “Ah well, I warned you… I do love this game.” I said before appearing behind the scared girl, who was hiding behind the locked door of my bedroom, causing her to scream loudly.

---Damon’s POV---

I scrubbed my face slightly, feeling tired as hell. The light of the small spotlight above the desk bounced back on the white papers scattered across it, making my eyes hurt even more. A sudden movement in the corner of the room made me jolt up with a snarl before I blinked a couple of times.

“Ugh, sorry Jack.” I groaned, rubbing the back of my neck slightly to ease the crack in it. Jack slowly lowered his hands while he shook his head with a chuckle. “Still running around for her cravings?” he laughed softly while coming closer. A warm smile slipped over my face while I nodded, thinking about my mate. Adrianna… She was due in a few weeks but neither of us wanted to know the gender of our pup…or pups.