“Of course, my lord. Yes, my lord.” He said before disappearing from my sight. I rolled my eyes at his last words. Kiss ass.

I passed several chambers, all emanating the same, expensive aura but I ignored the classy environment. Instead, I was looking for my Beloved, my most prized collection. A smirk slipped on my face when I remembered the day that I found her.

My coven had just exiled me, stating that I was an abomination because I gave in to my bloodlust. I had been running through the forest, brooding and ticked off when I came across the remains of a forest fire.

In the center of the forest, which was completely burnt to ash, laid a young woman, seemingly untouched by the flames. As soon as I spotted her, I knew that she had to be mine. So, without a doubt, I had claimed her as mine, not even waiting for the moment that she gained consciousness.

My feet stopped again and I looked up, a smirk pulling at the edges of my lips. I had reached the inner yard, the only place where my Beloved was allowed to roam free. She was sitting under a small gazebo, the roof of it littered with small red or white flowers. Bleeding hearts, I believed.

Her pitch-black hair flowed down over her stylish dress, in sharp contrast with her fair, flawless skin. Her slender fingers were playing with the star-shaped necklace while she stared longingly out of the window.

She had been this way for the last hundred years or so, always ignoring me to the best of her abilities because she couldn’t change me. I wanted to snort at that; She thought of me as a monster that had swept her away, hiding her from her True soul mate, a collector that came across something rare.

A smirk slid over my face; it was close enough to the truth.

I made my presence known by harshly shutting the door behind me, slightly jolting her before she turned to look at me. Her deep green eyes wore a blank expression, hiding her true feelings while she turned her upper body in my direction.

“My lord.”

A snort escaped my mouth before I took a step closer to her. “My lord? That’s all you can come up with? My heart’s desire would be nice…” I drawled, leaning against the gazebo while I held my eyes on her. She looked away at the heart’s comment and I scowled.

“Forgive me for being rude, Lucius, but I never wanted this. You picked me but I never chose you.” She stated, shooting me a glare from under her eyelashes. I hissed threateningly and reached forward, digging my fingers in my invisible mark.

“You’re mine now, Peyton Fawna Barker, whether you want it or not. My poison ran through your veins. I changed you. You bare my mark.” I hissed, tipping her head up so she was forced to look me in the eye. Her eyes sparked up at her middle name and I smiled grimly. “You miss your other form, don’t you?”

Peyton didn’t reply, instead only reached out to trace her finger over the delicate flowers, hanging over the edge. A low growl rumbled through me while I clenched and unclenched my hands before my hand lashed out again, clasping her chin tightly.