Chapter 2 -First memory

Start from the beginning

Jesus, can't a girl put a nice outfit and makeup just for the sake of it these days?!

"Oh, no, no," I said, waving my hand in the air, "It's not like that."

"Because I can just go, you know."

My eyebrow raised, "You really never miss a chance to try and run away from me," My lips curled up in a teasing smile, "Do you?"

He shrugged and a small smile lightened up his beautiful features, woah, talk about getting hotter by the second, "Is it that obvious?"

I nodded, "Can you please try and be a bit interested in being here," I let out a low sigh, "Because believe me, it's hard to do my job when you're sitting by the edge of your seat, ready to run for the hills."

He leaned back into his seat, getting more comfortable. His smile stayed there and he nodded his head, "I guess you're right," He said, "There is no harm in doing this after all."

Excitement flowed and I said, "See, that's the spirit!"

I grabbed his file and made my way around the desk, I sat on the chair facing him, "So, Nikolas, since last session was just a trial, we couldn't fill up all the info for your file," I said, my eyes skimming over the empty blanks after almost every question.

"I've got the full name, age, occupation," I mumbled as I went over it from the start, "Martial status?" I asked as my eyes lifted up to him, "Single? Married? Divor-"

"Single." He said and my inside squealed with happiness.

Silly, he could still be in a relationship though.

And here goes all of my dreams.

"Health conditions?"

"None that I know of."

"Any medications?"

He nodded and pulled a small bottle out of his pocket. He placed it over the table ahead of him. I leaned forward and took it. My eyebrows pulled together as I read the content of the drug, "That's..." My gaze went back to him, "That's a really strong drug."

He nodded, "And I need it to be that strong." He said, "The one before you prescribed it to me."

I nodded in realization before I read the next question, "Been to therapy before?" I said and nodded, "Guess the answer is yes to that." I went on, "When was that? Was it recent?"

When he didn't answer, I lifted my gaze and looked at him. I immediately noticed how his hand that's laying over his leg tightened and curled into a fist, "If you don't want to answer, that's okay," I explained, "It's just good to know what changed since the last time you had therapy till now, that's all."

The muscles of his jaw worked, "It was really long ago," He answered, "I was young, I uh-" He rubbed at his jaw, "I stayed in an asylum for a couple of years."

Oh.

I tried to hide my shock at the new unexpected information as I scribbled them over the paper, "I guess that's enough for now," I mumbled, "I suppose Sarah sent you the form, if you didn't read it, we can go through it now before-"

"I read it."

"Oh, usually no one reads it," I said as I got up and made my way toward him. I sat by his side and placed the papers and the pen in front him on the table.

He and I both leaned forward at the same time and at the sudden closeness, I felt my heart skip a beat, or maybe two.

I tried to act totally unaffected, I swallowed hard and pointed, "Over here," He signed him name and I opened the second paper, "And here," My voice was so low I doubted he even heard it.