Forget Them-Cody Bellinger

for DIORX_

A secret. That's what they were. At least to her family. 

Cody and his girlfriend, Emerson Valle, have been dating for one year. Their relationship was actually very public. However, to Emerson's family, they had no idea. Her family lives in Venezuela, and they were really strict about her dating life. Emerson has hesitated telling her family about Cody every time it was mentioned. 

But today was the day. Cody was finally meeting Emerson's family. After what seemed like endless fights, Emerson was finally introducing Cody to her family. Her family had just landed in LA from Caracas and are currently settling in their hotel before they meet up for dinner tonight. Cody and Emerson were currently getting ready for tonight. While Cody was very nervous, he feels like Emerson was more nervous than he was. 

Cody chuckles as Emerson struggles to pick an outfit. "Babe, why are you so nervous?" 

Emerson was very annoyed. "All my clothes reveal a little too much. I don't want to scar my CATHOLIC parents." Her parents were very traditionally Catholic, and they don't like it when she shows too much skin. 

Cody gives her a look. "Baby, you look beautiful in everything. What are you so nervous about?" 

Emerson lets out a sigh. "I just really want them to like you. And it's important that I make sure they trust me enough to be with you." 

He smiles and walks up to her. "Look, everything is gonna be okay, alright?" He rubs her arms comfortingly. 

She sighs and nods. "Okay."

He kisses her forehead. "Everything will work out. And besides, parents love me." 

She chuckles at his words. "Thank you for calming me down." Cody was always the charmer. So, all he had to do to impress her parents was charm his way into their good side. 

He smiles at her. "Always, babe." They meet for a quick kiss before Cody leaves to let her finish getting ready.

~An hour Later~

Emerson finally found an outfit that wouldn't do any harm. They arrive at the restaurant her dad picked out. Her dad was a district attorney, and her mom was a surgeon. So, they were pretty wealthy. In fact, Emerson was following in her mom's footsteps and joining the medical field. She was currently studying to be a pediatric nurse practitioner. 

Her dad obviously picked out a very nice restaurant, probably one of the most expensive restaurants in LA. 

They walk into the restaurant and see her family sitting in a very large booth. She turns to her boyfriend. "Now, remember, both my parents speak English, so you don't have to impress them by speaking Spanish."

Cody looks defeated. "Well, there goes all those Duolingo lessons I gave myself." He laughs when Emerson playfully slaps his arm. 

They walk over to the table and greet everyone. "Hola, mama, papa," Emerson says. (A/N-I don't know Spanish, but I know basic words from two years of high school Spanish class. If I offend anyone, I deeply apologize.)

They all look up at her. "Mija!" her mom exclaims. "So good to see you." She gets up and gives her a hug. 

Her dad also gets up to greet her. "Hola, mi vida," he says. 

Emerson smiles at him. "Hi, papi." He kisses her cheek. She then greets her brother and sister before going to introduce Cody. "Everyone, this is my boyfriend, Cody."