Our Story-Cody Bellinger (part 2)

Fast forward to age 24, Cody has now made it to the major leagues, playing for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Lupe is now an elementary school teacher at one of the best ones in LA. They have gotten married and have never been happier. Though, there is one thing that's been trying to get through.

Lupe wants to have a baby. Being around little children everyday has given her really bad baby fever. I mean, do you blame her? Kids are adorable. Every time Lupe goes into her class every morning, she imagines her own child sitting at a desk and being eager to learn something. It's something that's been on her mind ever since her and Cody got married.

Cody, on the other hand, not so much. You see, he does want children, but he's scared that he won't be a good dad to him or her. He would never admit that. Let's be honest, men have egos the size of a peanut (maybe smaller). Like other guys, Cody pretends to not be phased every time Lupe mentions children. He would say "Let's wait a little longer, babe," or "We're still young, we have time."

Today was no different. Lupe was walking into their home after school and is going to try to convince Cody to try for a baby, in hopes of him giving in to her. 

"Babe, I'm home!" she yells from the front door. She puts her stuff down in the office by the front door, knowing she needs to grade papers later. 

"Hey, Mama!" Cody yells back from the living room. 

Lupe walks into the living room and smiles at her loving husband. "Can we talk?" she asks him.

Cody, already knowing what she wants to talk about, says "Sure, babe." He feels his blood pressure rising thinking about the topic. "What's on your mind?" he asks, being a good husband.

"I really wanna have a baby..." Lupe trails off. Cody lets out a stressed sigh. "I know you wanna wait a little longer, but I can't wait anymore. Every time I walk into my class and see those kids, I get really bad baby fever," she explains.

Cody looks at her, feeling guilty about how he's been hiding how he feels about kids. He sighs and rubs her arm. "Babe, I think it's time I be honest about everything," he says, feeling his blood pressure rise even more. 

"What is it?" she asks.

"The thing is..." he starts. Cody can feel his heartbeat in his throat. He swallows out of nervousness. "I'm afraid," he lets out, his voice cracking a bit.

Lupe looks at him in confusion, but also concern. "About what?" she asks, putting her hand on top of his in a comforting manner. 

Cody feels his heart slowing down a little bit. It's time to open up, Buddy,  he thought to himself. "I'm afraid of not being a good dad," he finally opens up. "It scares me that one day I'm just gonna mess up, and the kid won't ever wanna talk to me again, and that scares me like crazy."

Lupe starts to feel guilty that she didn't consider this. She couldn't help but think does Cody not want kids?

"Don't get me wrong, I would love to have kids," Cody says, almost like he read her mind. Lupe feels a little relieved. "I'm just scared that I'll fail not only the child, but also you."

Lupe eyes start welling up in tears. "Cody, you have nothing to be afraid of," she says. Tears start falling a little. Cody reaches up and wipes away the tears and keeps his hands on her face. "You're gonna be an amazing dad. You could never fail me, ever." Cody starts tearing up as well. "Do you hear me?" she clarifies. 

He nods at her, letting out a chuckle. "I do," he replies. "God, I love you so much," he tells her.

"I love you, too," she says. They lean in and share a passionate kiss. 

Things then start to get a bit heated as Cody starts to trail kisses down her neck. He goes back up to her ear. "With that being said," he says, leaving a kiss on her ear, "let's make a baby."

Lupe freezes. She looks at him with excitement, not being able to hold back tears of joy. "Really?" she asks him. 

Cody nods at her with a smile. "Yeah," he replies. "Let's do it."

Lupe then jumps over and straddles his lap in excitement. Cody lets out a groan, not expecting her to do so. He chuckles at her excitement, and they go back to their previous actions. Cody then lays her on the coach and continues to cover her body with kisses.

Let's just say Lupe got her wishes that night.

~~~~~~~

I hope you like it, Lupe!!!!

Hey, it's been so long. I deeply apologize for that. I am out of the hospital, and I'm doing very well. I was released a few weeks ago and have had back-to-back appointments since then. What happened was that I had a major infection in my neck and had to get surgery to get the infection to go down. To make matters worse, the infection was so bad that the doctors couldn't even tell what it was that caused the infection. 

I will find out more during my next appointment, which is tomorrow. They will be doing a CT scan to get a better look at my neck. They did say that it was nothing serious, and it could just be a cyst that can be removed. 

So here's my first update in a very long time. I will be getting requests out every Sunday and will be trying my very best to get them going again.

Thank you so much for the love and support on this book. WE HIT 3.2K!!!! I love you guys so much!!!!

I would also like to thank you guys for being so patient and understanding with me throughout my whole recovery process. ILY <3