Who was that?-Duncan Robinson

For hckeyfan101

Y/N was born and raised in the UK. She moved to Miami, FL for a study abroad program with the University of Miami for Applied Physics and Education to become a professor, where she met her boyfriend of one year, Duncan Robinson- small forward for the Miami Heat. Everything has been going great so far. Duncan works on his basketball career while Y/N works on getting her degree. 

Tonight, the Heat has a game against the New York Knicks. Obviously, Y/N is attending in support of her boyfriend. It is currently the first quarter, and Y/N was sitting court side. Without even knowing it, her clutch falls off her lap. Someone lightly taps her shoulder. "Excuse me," the voice says. She turns to face him. "I believe you dropped this." He hands her the light pink clutch.

She takes it from him after she realizes she dropped it. "Oh, thank you," she says in her slight British accent that faded out as she's been here for a few years now. "I didn't even know I dropped it."

The man, amazed by her accent, chuckles at her. "It's no problem," he says, holding his hand out for her to shake. "I'm Stefan."

She shakes his hand. "I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you."

He smiles nicely at her. "If you don't mind me asking, where are you from? I just noticed the accent, and I couldn't help but ask out of curiosity." 

She smiles back. "I'm from the UK. I came here a couple years ago for a study abroad program with University of Miami."

"What are you studying?" 

"Applied physics and education. I want to be a college professor."

He looks impressed at her. "Nice."

"If you don't mind me asking, what brings you here?"

"Oh, I'm just here with a couple friends from work." He points at his friends sitting next to him. "I'm also a huge basketball fan. You?"

"My boyfriend plays for the Heat, so I'm here on my night off from classes to support him."

"That's sweet. My girlfriend actually had to give me permission to come here tonight." 

Y/N laughs at him. "Don't worry, I get how she feels. Duncan actually asks for my permission to hit the pub with his friends."

Stefan raises his eyebrows. "Duncan Robinson has to get permission from his girlfriend to go out?" Y/N laughs and nods. "Wow, didn't expect that."  

They continue to converse as the game goes on, but they were completely oblivious to Duncan giving them dirty looks throughout the game. 

After the game, the Heat win 108-100, making everyone ecstatic since it was rare for them to win. Y/N says bye to Stefan as she waits for Duncan. He comes out a few minutes later looking upset. "Hey, babe," she says going in for a kiss.

He turns his head, making her kiss his cheek. "Let's just go home," he says.

Y/N starts feeling concerned. "Is everything okay?" He shakes his head and walks out, Y/N following. They reach the car. "Duncan."

"What?" he snaps at her.

"What's going on? Why are you so angry with me?"

He starts feeling weak upon hearing her accent, but he still holds his ground. "Nothing." He opens the door for her. "Get in the car so I can take you back to your dorm."

Y/N crosses her arm as she also stands her ground. "No, not until you tell me what's got you so upset."

Duncan rolls his eyes at her words. "Why don't you go ask that guy you met earlier? I'm sure he has all the answers to your prayers."

Y/N realizes what's going on with him. "Are you jealous?" Duncan looks away from her, feeling embarrassed- something he did when he was shy around her about something. Y/N smirks at him. "Oh my god, you are jealous."

He tries to look away from her. "No, I'm not."

Y/N laughs at him as she walks closer to him. "You know," she wraps her arms around his neck, "it's okay for you to be jealous. I just don't want you get out of hand with you actions." Duncan can actually be pretty territorial, especially with Y/N. He's actually very afraid to lose her.

Duncan sighs as he puts his hands on her waist. "I'm sorry, baby. I just can't help it." He rubs her waist. "You are the most beautiful girl in the world, which means guys are gonna be after you, especially in Miami."

Y/N gives him a look. "But I only have eyes for you. You're my boyfriend, not that guy I was talking to, who has a girlfriend waiting for him at home by the way."

Duncan starts feeling guilty. "I'm so sorry, babe." 

Y/N smiles at him. "It's okay, honey. I get it. You don't think I get jealous when I see girls throwing themselves at you?" Y/N can actually get territorial as well. Duncan does play for the NBA after all, so girls are everywhere around him.

Duncan smiles back at her. "I'm sorry again, mama. I love you, and only you."

She smiles at him. "I love you, too." They meet in the middle for a kiss. "By the way," she puts her hands on his neck, "I actually think jealous you is a good look on you."

Duncan smirks at her. "I see what you're doing." She smirks back at him. "And I like it." His voice drops five octaves as he speaks, making her caramel skin turn slightly red.

She gets an idea. "How about this: instead of taking me back to my dorm, we go back to your place, and we order take-out, watch something, and have dessert, if you know what I mean?"

Duncan smirks at her words. "How about we skip dinner and movie and go straight to dessert?"

Y/N laughs at him. "I like how you think, but nice try. I'm starving."

"Well, so am I, but not for food."

"We're still getting food."

"Fine. But you promise we'll do something after?"

She laughs at him. "Yes, I promise we'll do something after."

Duncan smiles triumphantly. "Thank you." He holds the door open for her. "Here you go."

Y/N smiles at him. "Thank you, bubs." She gets in the car, and he slaps her ass along the way. She smirks at him as he smirks back.

Let's just say they're in for a long night....

~~~~~~

Here you go!!! 

Sorry for not updating in so long!! It's AP project season, and I've been putting updates out for my Devin Booker story. 

My Devin Booker story also just reached 1K reads!!! Thank you so much for the love guys!!! 

Also, please request more!! It gives me more ideas to write about, and it motivates me as well. 

I'll try to get them out ASAP while getting my projects done as well.

Comment & vote 💙💙