You're my all star- Devin Booker

NBA all-star games-

Y/N's POV:

My boyfriend Devin is participating in the 3-point contest in the all-star games this year and I've never been more proud.

Although, lately, he's been acting nervous and I don't know why. Like right now, we're in the black SUV on the way to the arena, and his leg is shaking like insanity. "Baby, you okay?" I ask worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm fine, mama," he says, with his voice cracking-nervous habit he has.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." He gives me a sweet kiss. "Don't worry about me, alright?"

"Okay," I reply. We kiss again.

We get to the arena and are immediately met with the media circus. When we get inside, Devin and I go out separate ways so that he can get ready for the contest and I can get to my seat.

Devin's POV:

I get to the locker room and start getting ready for the contest. But before I change, I pull out the velvet box and open it to reveal my whole future.

I've been wanting to do this for a few months and I finally have the courage to do so. I can't picture my life without y/n. She's been with me at my best and worse, she brings me back to earth when I get ahead of myself, and when I look into her eyes, it's almost like I fell in love all over again.

"Wow," I hear someone say. I jump and quickly close the box.  I turn my head to see Stephen Curry looking over my shoulder. "Hey, didn't mean to scare you," he says.

"It's cool," I reply. "I just didn't hear you coming up."

"That's a beautiful ring. When are you asking her?" He asks.

"Tonight after the contest," I reply. "I just haven't told any one of our friends yet. You're the first to find out."

"Damn, congratulations, man."

"Thank you. I just hope she says yes."

"Hey, she will," he assures me. THE Stephen Curry is assuring me that my girlfriend of two years is gonna say yes to me when I ask her to marry me. "If you need help, I'm willing to pull some strings," he offers.

"Nah, I got it figured out. Thanks, though," I say. "I need to calm these nerves. Any advice?"

"Well, the first thing is to not only look confident, but also feel confident," he says.

"How do I do that?"

"For starters, stop shaking." I didn't even notice I was shaking. "Second, don't think that she'll say no, think of all the reasons she'll say yes."

"That's great advice. Thank you."

"Hey, just helping out. Take it from a man who has been down this road before and did it right."

I let out a chuckle. "Thanks, man."

"Not a problem." We head out to the court for the three-point contest.

~time skip to after the contest~

"Hey, Mr. All-Star," I hear a familiar voice say. I may have lost the contest, but just hearing her voice always made me feel better.

"Hey, lil mama," I reply, walking up to her giving her a kiss.

"Don't worry about the contest, okay? You'll get 'em next year," y/n says.

"I think I know what'll make me feel better."

"What is it?"

I led her to the middle of the court, and a camera man hands me a microphone. "Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention?" I ask into the mic. Everyone in the arena turns to look at me, and I immediately get nervous. Don't think that she'll say no, think of all the reasons why she'll say yes. "I have something to say."