The Big Date- Devin Booker (part 2)

Here's part 2!! Enjoy! (Pics an oldy but a goody🥰)

Melanie and Devin have been texting back and forth for about two weeks, and they've also FaceTimed a couple times as well. Things have been going pretty well so far.

Only one problem.... they haven't been on the big date, yet......

With Devin's basketball season starting up and his busy schedule getting in the way, he just hasn't had the time to plan anything out. Melanie has been busy as well, trying to find a second job to help pay the bills because the diner wasn't paying her enough to pay rent every month and her student loans still need to be paid.

Devin has promised Melanie that he would make it up to her. Which he will... tonight. He invited her to his game tonight against the Spurs, with her sitting court-side. After the game, he plans on wining and dining her. He wants everything to be perfect.

Currently, he's laying on his bed in his condo, on FaceTime with Melanie, secretly planning everything out in his head to wow her, while Melanie is getting her apartment cleaned up before she starts getting ready for Devin's game. "So, what do you have in mind for tonight, Book?" she asks him, as she's folding her laundry.

Devin smiles at the nickname, feeling his heart warm up. "Well, obviously, you're coming to the game and watch me ball," he says, matter-of-factly. Melanie lets out a chuckle as she starts walking to her dresser to put her clothes away. "And after, I plan on taking you out for the night. Maybe dinner, and that ONE drink you promised," he teases her and starts smirking at her.

Melanie laughs and throws a rolled up sock at her phone. "Shut up," she says, blushing and feeling embarrassed. Devin laughs at her. "What else did you have in mind, Mr.I'll-show-you-a-part-of-Phoenix-that-no-one-sees?" she asks, mocking the pickup line he used on her.

Devin rolls his eyes at her. "Haha," he laughs sarcastically. "I wanna show you something at the end of the night, too," he tells her.

Melanie smirks at him. "Okay," she says. "I can't wait."

"Me neither." Devin smiles at her, admiring her beauty. "Did you get the Jersey I sent you?" he asks her.

Melanie giggles at his question. "Yes, I did," she says. "And I can't wait to wear it."

"And I can't wait to see it on you," he says smirking at her.

Devin then gets a text from his teammate, Kelly Oubre Jr., saying that they needed to head out for warm-ups. "Alright, Mel," he says, starting to get up from his bed. She looks at him, as she's folding a pair of jeans. "I gotta head out to warm-ups," he tells her.

"Aww," she whines then laughs. Devin chuckles at her. Damn, what are you doing to me? He thought. "I'll keep you in my thoughts, Book."

Devin laughs. "Alright," he tells her. "You coming early to watch warm ups right?"

"Yep," she replies.

"Alright, I'll see you later."

"Bye." They hang up and Devin heads out for warm-ups, Melanie not leaving his mind as he heads out with a smile on his face.

With Melanie.....

For Melanie, she has received a day off from the diner and is waiting for calls from other places for a job offer. If you're wondering, no, she hasn't applied to nursing school. She simply can't afford it. She can't even pay the application fee because she needs to save money for everything.

And she hasn't told Devin about her current situation, only the part where she's currently sitting on about $15,000 dollars of student debt. Things have been going so well with her and Devin, she doesn't wanna ruin it by saying 'Hey, I'm broke and working two jobs to pay my rent and my student debt off, oh, and by the way, I have to put my dream of taking care of people aside because I can't afford it'.