First Date-Matisse Thybulle

For lupedoesit

Lupe sat nervously at the table in a restaurant she picked out. She had a date with the one and only Matisse Thybulle. How did they meet? Well, it was a funny story.

Here's the light version: Lupe signed up for tinder and saw his profile. They ended up matching, and well, here we are. They agreed to meet up at a local restaurant and see how they really are in real life.

However, Matisse was late. An hour late, to be exact. Lupe was getting more and more nervous the longer she waited. She was afraid it was all a scam, and she was starting to give in to that fear.

She eventually just gave up and grabbed her purse. Right when she got up, she heard someone. "I'm here!" he calls out, catching his breath. "I'm here."

Lupe gives him a look. "Matisse?" she asks.

Matisse nods at her. "Yeah, I'm sorry I'm late," he says, with an apologetic look. "I probably made you think I was a poser."

Lupe nods as she sits back down. "A little bit, yeah," she says, not holding back the fact she was upset. Though, she was relieved, nonetheless. "But I'm glad you're here."

Matisse smiles back at her. "Did you order, yet?"

Lupe sighs and shakes her head. "Not yet. I was waiting for you."

The waitress walks up to them and orders their drinks. After she leaves, there's an awkward silence between them. They both go to say something and let out small laughs. "You go," Lupe says.

Matisse takes a deep breath. "I'm sorry I'm late," he says to her. "I got caught up with practice and interviews that I lost track of time, and I should've texted you."

Lupe shakes her head. "It's fine," she says. "I understand how busy you can get." She exhales. "How about we just forget that you were late and focus on right now?"

Matisse smiles in relief. "Works for me." Lupe laughs at his words, making him laugh with her. Damn, she's cute, he thought.

The waitress comes back with their drinks, and they order their food. She leaves, and they start warming up to each other, cracking some jokes here and there.

Fast forward to after the date, they fight over who gets the check. Matisse takes the book. "Let me pay, Lupe," he says. "It's the least I can do after showing up late."

Lupe shakes her head as she takes the book back. "No, it's okay," she says. "I don't mind. It's on me."

Matisse takes it back. "No, it's on me."

Lupe sighs but smiles anyway. She finds a solution. "Okay, how about we split it?"

Matisse nods, reluctantly. "Aight, fine."

They both put their cards in the book. Matisse hands the waitress the book, and she leaves to check them out. She returns a few minutes later and gives them their cards back with two separate receipts. 

They take their cards and put them in their wallets. Matisse looks at Lupe. "Hey," he says, earning her gaze. "The night is still young, and the waterfront is a few minutes from here. Wanna walk there for a bit?"

Lupe thinks about it for a second. She nods. "Sure," she replies. 

With that, they get up and leave the restaurant. They start their walk, and they talk and get to know each other. They stop in front of an ice cream shop. Matisse looks at Lupe. "How about I treat you to some ice cream?" he suggests. "I really wanna make it up to you after being super late." 

Lupe chuckles at him. "I already told you, fool," she says. "I understood why you were late."

Matisse chuckles back. "I know, but I still feel bad. Think of this as a peace offering." 

Lupe gives in and shrugs. "Well, I've never been one to refuse ice cream."

Matisse smiles triumphantly and opens the door. "After you." Lupe smiles and thanks him as they walk in.

They order their ice cream, Lupe getting cookies and cream and Matisse getting brownie batter. Matisse pays for their ice cream, as promised, and they go outside to sit and eat. 

Fast forward to after ice cream, they throw away their napkins and empty cups before walking back to the restaurant where their cars were. On the way there, Matisse stops to take some pictures with fans. They arrive in the parking lot of the restaurant and stop at Lupe's car. "Tonight was fun, right?" Matisse says to her.

Lupe nods at him with a smile on her face. "It was, yeah," she replies. 

Matisse smiles back at her. "I know I've said this all night, but I'm really sorry I was late, tonight." 

Lupe gives him a look. "Matisse, I already told you I was okay with it." She starts smiling again. "Just don't let it happen, next time."

Matisse looks at her with a smile slowly appearing on his face. "Next time?"

Lupe nods at him. "Yes, there will be a next time." 

Matisse gets excited. "For real?" She chuckles and nods. His smile grows as he nods at her. "I promise you, I won't be late next time."

Lupe gives him a playful look. "You better not." She unlocks her car, and he opens the door for her. She gets in, and he closes the door after her. She rolls down her window. 

He leans into the car. "How's Friday at 9:00 after my game?" 

She smirks at him. "Pick me up at 9:00."

They say their final goodbyes, and Lupe drives off with a goofy smile on her face. She bites her lip in excitement as she drives home. Matisse had the same look on his face as he walked back to his car.

There's definitely going to be many more dates after this 😉.

~~~~~~~~

Here you go, Lupe!! I hope you liked it!!!

So, this is long overdue. I actually just started college, and I've been super busy lately with classes and everything. Updates will be later than you expect, so I wanna apologize ahead of time. I also just turned 18 on Tuesday, so I'm officially legal!

Also, this book is almost at 30k reads?! Thank you so much for all the support guys! I seriously can never explain how much I love and appreciate every single one of you. 

Comment & vote💙💙💙