Softball v. Baseball-Tyler Wade

(A/N-this is just a hypothetical if COVID were to never have happened and the All-Stars game would've happened this year)

For -frankoceann   

~July 19, 2020~

It was officially MLB All-Stars Week. This year, it was taking place at Dodgers Stadium in Los Angeles, CA. With the anticipation of the rookies and all the players in general, the All-Stars are definitely a turn out. 

This year, the MLB decided to do something different. They thought it would be pretty interesting to have professional softball players play against the MLB. So, they got the Team USA women's softball team. For the MLB, it was Tyler Wade, Aaron Judge, Cody Bellinger, Chris Taylor, Kenta Maeda, Josh Hader, Nolan Arenado, Francisco Lindor, and Will Smith (LAD). To make things more interesting, Tyler's girlfriend of 2 years, Yahiyda Delgado was playing for Team USA. It was going to be an interesting game, to say the least. 

Right now, the guys were getting ready to take the field for practice after the ladies. Tyler was at his cubby, lacing up his cleats. Aaron judge comes up to him. "Yo, Wade," he says.

Tyler looks up at him. "What's up?" he greets, shaking it out with him. 

Aaron smiles at him. "Nothin' much," he replies. "How do you feel playin' your girl?" 

Tyler chuckles at his words. "I'm good, bro. We agreed that we're gonna be humble about who wins and congratulate each other, no matter what." In reality, they both mentally agreed that it was gonna be a very competitive game. 

Aaron gives him a look. "You know, that's code for 'you're goin' down, bitch'." 

Tyler immediately nods. "Oh, yeah, definitely. It's gonna get competitive." He also warned her that the guys tend to get really dirty. 

Cody comes up to them. "I have a feeling we're gonna lose to the girls." 

They laugh at his words. "Damn, Cody, have some faith," Aaron says. 

~With Team USA~ 

The team was walking back into their clubhouse after taking the field. It was very sunny in LA, and very... very hot. LA was having a heatwave, so they had to be very careful and stay hydrated. 

Yahiyda walks over to her cubby and grabs her water bottle to take a drink. "Delgado," a voice calls out.

Yahiyda turns around and sees her teammate, Dejah Mulipola walking up next to her. She smiles at her. "Hey," she says.

Dejah smiles back. "How do feel playing your boyfriend?" she asks.

Yahiyda chuckles at her. Everyone has been asking her that same question all day. "I'm feeling good. We agreed to be humble and congratulate each other fairly." 

Dejah smirks at her. "So, we're gonna take the boys down?" 

Yahiyda nods. "For sure. They're gonna lose big time." 

Dejah holds her hand up for their secret handshake. "That's my girl." 

~Game Time~

Both teams go to line up for the National Anthem, performed by Madison Beer. During the performance, Tyler and Yahiyda share secret glances at each other as a way of saying it was on. 

After Madison Beer left the field, both teams went to their designated dugouts, but Tyler and Yahiyda meet at home field. He smirks at his girlfriend. "Are we still gonna be civil about this?" he asks, knowing the answer.