Chapter 2 Hunter's Exam

Gon has caught the fish with a little help from his little sister, and the 8 kids are on the ship leading to the Hunter’s Exam. The storm has now hit and most of the applicants have passed out. Only 10 have not. They are led to the control room where the captain is, and he asks for their names and their reasons for wanting to become a hunter. Gon says “ My name is Gon Freecs and this is my little sister, Lalaya. We want to become hunters so we can find out dad, but Lalaya also wants to control her powers and help people.”

Tenma answers “My name is Tenma Matsukaze. Me and my friends aren’t from here, and we want to become hunters to find our way back home, but until then, we want to help
people.”

“Kyousuke Tsurugi. Same reason as him.”

“Ranmaru Kirino. Same reason.”

“Masaki Kariya. Same reason.”

“Takuto Shindou. I’m just gonna say we all have the same reason as him.”

“S-S-S-S-Sumire Hanazono.”

A man with a blue suit and a briefcase lectures the 8 kids for telling them their reasons. But the Captain tells them that this is part of the exam. A boy around 15 or 16 with blond hair, gray brownish eyes, and a blue and orange tunic tells his reason “My name is Kurapika and I am the sole survivor of the Kurta clan. I want revenge on the troupe that slaughtered my clan. The Phantom Troupe.”

The little girl hugs the older blond and listens to the older male’s story. “I’m Leorio, and I want to be a hunter for money. Money can buy good alcohol, a nice car, and a big house.”

The younger, yet older teen snaps back “Too bad money can’t buy class.”

The older man retorts “Let me end the Kurta clan here and now.”
Kurapika gently pulls out of Lalaya’s hug, and yells “Take that back, Leorio!’

“That’s Leorio-san to you.”

Then they both leave. Gon stops everyone from going after them. “We should leave them alone. Mito-san says that to get along with each other, they must settle it together.”

The captain is then notified of a waterspout in the ocean and tells the crew to take the sails down. Gon, Tenma, and Tsurugi go with the crew to help. One of the crew members gets pulled off the boat, and Gon and Tenma jump off the boat to catch him. Gon and Tenma were about to fall into the ocean, but Kurapika catches Tenma and Leorio catches Gon.

Leorio and Kurapika begin to lecture Tenma and Gon until the crew member thanks the 4 and the captain passes all 10 of the exam participants. Gon and Lalaya get delayed by the captain for directions to the exam site. Then they meet up with the others.

Everyone is looking at a map and Gon tells them all to go to the Cedar tree.

Time skip brought to you by Sword Saint Lancelot

They are all brought to the exam sight. Gon, Kurapika, Leorio, and Tenma find themselves looking at a tall, beautiful building, while everyone else's attention is at the restaurant next to it. The Kiriko draw their attention to the same restaurant and they head inside.
The Kiriko says the passcode for the hunters exam and they all gather in the back room. Once the elevator has stopped and opened, a small, green creature greets them. “I am Bean, keep
these tags on you at all times.”

The number orders go like this. Kurapika number 403, Leorio number 404, Gon number 405, Lalaya number 406, Tenma number 407, Tsurugi number 408, Shindou number 409, Kariya number 411, Kirino number 412, and Sumire number 413. When they enter the room, a fat man, who is named Tonpa, greets them. Tonpa gives them all juice for their new found friendship. Suddenly, Gon and Lalaya spit out the juice, saying that it might have expired. They pour it out and Gon asks Tonpa who the veterans are.

He tells them (I legitimately forgot. Forgive meh please), and then they hear a scream.
They all run to check it out, and a man’s arms are turning into flowers. They see a tall pale man, with pink hair say “Look. His arms disintegrated into little flowers. Maybe you should apologize when you bump into somebody.”

Tonpa turns around and says “And that’s Hisoka. Number 44. Last year, he could’ve passed, but he killed an examiner.”

Then a loud ring is heard. The wall opens and reveals a slim, tall, lavender haired man with an italian styled mustache and no mouth. “My name is Satotz. I am the first examiner. Please follow me to the second exam sight.”

Everyone starts to follow him at a slow and steady pace, but then he picks up the pace and now here we are, running. You could tell that Tenma, Tsurugi, Kirino, Kariya, Shindou, and Sumire were getting tired, but they never stopped. It looked like they were focusing in front of them, but also looking down slightly, like they were kicking something.

Time skippy brought to you by Gon and Tenma being cinnamon rolls

Suddenly Leorio shouts “HEY!!! Get off that skateboard! That’s cheating!”

Lalaya and Gon turn around to see a boy with white fluffy hair, fair skin, and cat shaped sapphire blue eyes, on a skateboard. Gon cuts in “No it’s not! Satotz-san just said to follow and keep up. He never said how.”

Lalaya nods. Leorio snaps “Who’s side are you on?”

Gon replies “No one’s. I’m just stating facts.”

The white haired boy looks at the siblings, sees Lalaya, on the verge of fainting. He jumps off the skateboard, claiming that he’ll run, and runs next to Lalaya, so he can catch her if she falls. He asks Gon “How old are you guys?”

Gon replies “I’m 12, and she’s 10.” gesturing to Lalaya.

Gon asks “What’s your name?”

The white haired boy says “Killua. You?”

“I’m Gon, and that’s my little sister Lalaya!”

Killua suddenly stops and picks Lalaya up. He starts running again, and when he gets to Gon, he asks “Why’d you bring her? It’s obvious that she lacks stamina and strength. She’s also really light. I’m only doing this because she’s your sister, and I’m sure that you’ll be killed if anything happens to her, and your hands are full.”

“Thanks for that Killua. I brought her because she asked me to. I didn’t want her to, but she begged me. So I had to bring her. And you’re right.If anything happens to her, I might as well be dead.”

They stop when they hear a “plop” and find Leorio on all fours, panting. Killua asks “Can’t we just leave ‘im?”

He’s met with no answer, until Leorio gets up and yells “I’M NOT LETTING THIS THING BEAT ME!!!”

Leorio then speeds off, leaving the three behind. Gon takes his fishing rod and grabs Leorio’s briefcase.

Oof. Finally finished. So I just thought of something. Every Monday, I'll upload new chapters if I update my Google doc. I just kind realized that my schedule is all over the place. Heh. If you have any questions, please ask. I might change what character appearances. I'm not sure, but if I do, I won't change the character info's, but instead, when I say the looks, I'll put a picture of what the clothes and hair looks like. I just realized that I have another dress up game, that actually look like anime characters, sooo....... Yeah. Thank you guys so much. See ya later my baby penguins!

ARA ARA! SAYONARA