Golden Dragon and Island Troubles

Start from the beginning

=With Jaune=

As he was close to choking out a certain cat Faunus, Jaune turned his head to the left, sensing something. Jaune wasn't sure what it was exactly, but it felt familiar somehow.

Almost as if something came back to haunt him.

Shaking that off, the blonde-grey haired teen turned back to the near passed out Blake, who was quickly but weakly tapping the hand clasped around her throat. Feeling a hand on his shoulder, Jaune looked behind him to see a stern gazing Kali.

Relenting to the unholy power that was a Mother, Jaune let Blake go, the girl falling on her butt while massaging her bruised throat and gasping in large breaths. Cracking his knuckles, Jaune glared down at her.

"Don't talk to me. Don't interact with me, because I don't want anything to do with," with his piece said, the lizard Faunus swiftly left the crowded area, everyone else not willing to get in his way. 

Standing up on wobbly feet, Blake stared at her parent's expressions; her father's face impassive while her mother looked at her with a disapproving gaze. Sun, who was off the side, looked like he wanted to chase down Jaune but opted to stay with Blake. Shaking off any dust and that off her butt, Blake lightly glared at her family.

"Why didn't you do anything? He was choking me to death?!" Blake demanded with a glare. Her glare had often intimidated many people, however her parents would not so easily quell.

Crossing her arms, Kali stared unflinchingly into her daughter's hard amber eyes. "I didn't do anything simply because of one thing, which is I've come to know him. From my interpretations of him, he would not attack unless you've done something to provoke him. So that begs the question: what did you do?" she asked

Before Blake could answer, Sun interjected. "Uhhhh, not to be rude or anything, but he sure looked like he wanted to rip her apart." Turning to him, Kali and Ghira analyzed the blonde monkey Faunus. Kali observed the boy's white unbuttoned shirt leaving his abs exposed, blue jeans rolled halfway up his calves and black/yellow sneakers.

In another world, Kali would've been kind to the boy, but after what just happened she was rather apprehensive.

"I agree with Kali," Ghira said, crossing his big burly arms, "Whilst our conversations have been minimal when compared to the meetings between himself and Kali, I have deduced Jaune as one to be as fair as possible. Never judging from first impressions, and waiting to judge from a person's true colors." he said, his eyes staring down at Sun, as if daring the staff wielder to argue back. Sun was starting to sweat nearvously, looking to Blake for aid before seeing the cat Faunus in a stare contest with the Belladonna matriarch.

"Which begs the question," Kali stated, "What did you do?" Kali demanded, Blake withering slightly under her mother's piercing gaze. Looking down at her feet, Blake contemplated and how she should answer, before deciding to be truthful.

"It was back when I was a student at Beacon," she started, everyone looking to her, "One day, the whole school found out that Jaune had used fake transcripts to enroll, and the response was as about what you may expect." she narrated, everyone baring Jaune listening intently. 

Walking into the living room, Blake sat on a couch with Sun plopping down next to her, Ghira and Kali sitting on the couch opposite the two teens. "Everyone each had their different reactions, but nearly half of the school's decision to abuse him either physical or psychological." Blake said, Kali and Ghira narrowing their eyes in suspicion.

"And what was yours, Blake?" whilst it sounded like a standard question, Blake couldn't miss the edge in her mother's voice. Flinching slightly, Blake hesitated but answered nonetheless.