The emperor was there, and he could see. I walked over to Finn and Liam, smiling sadly. "I should've expected as much."

"Oh, you confessed to that woman you liked?" Finn asked.

"I knew they'd reject me, but why does it hurt so much?" I asked quietly, feeling my chest tighten.

Liam understood completely, putting a hand on my shoulder and giving a reassuring squeeze.

"Well, you can move on then. There are plenty of-"

"No. No. They were the only one I was happy with. Everything I did, was for their sake. I was happy being by their side- I should've kept quiet about it."

"That's not-"

"Liam, you know who it is, you know things would've been better if I never said anything."

He quieted, sighing, "there is someone better out there, they are not worth the heartbreak."

"Dance with someone, let the pain go away-"

"You get rejected too?"

We all glanced to the new voice, finding...

The protagonist!?

She was a delicate lady. Long black hair that's curled at the ends, a bright smile that made you sore, bright hazel eyes that glittered like gems...

Rejected?

"I'm not trying to hit on you, I like women."

"Huh?"

"You need a dance and someone to vent to, why not a stranger that isn't into you?"

I smiled at that, "alright, a dance then."

I took her hand and we went to the floor. It was almost empty, and we flew into the movement's like it was nothing.

"You are just the same here as before Alex. Letting your heart get broken."

I nearly tripped over my own feet at that.

She giggled, "you don't remember your best friend?"

"Lisa?"

"It's Elizabeth now. Liz for short."

"You died?"

She nodded, "school shooting a month after you passed. I woke up here."

"Both of us woke up as the characters we'd hate to be."

"Exactly. So, who broke your heart?" She asked, following my movements.

"Prince Damon. I still want to cry at the thought."

She smiled sadly, "I'm sorry."

"It will be alright. Ah, the song is over. Feel free to write."

"I will. Please stay safe."

We slipped apart, going back, or trying to.

Damon had returned, his eyes angry.

I flinched and went over to the emperor instead.

"I apologize your majesty, but I think i should head home."

The emperor seemed surprised and annoyed. "Why, the party has only just begun!"

"Please sir. If you need a reason I'll give it, but please let me leave."

He looked at me with confusion, "did your confession turn south. If so, the pr-"

"No. You highness, I like men. Not women. And I just got my heart broken. I want to leave as to not cause a scene. He doesn't want me here, I don't want to upset him."

"You like men!"

Fuck.

That's was loud. Too loud.

"I will leave your sight and never show up again. Please let me leave. Yes I like men, I won't lie about it! I've always known that. And the man who broke my heart doesn't want me near him since I'm disgusting. So please, let me leave." I was definitely shaking. On the verge of tears.

He seemed even more shocked. I was begging to leave. I wasn't being stubborn or proud...

I just wanted to go home.

"Your highness, I'm sorry I'm this way. I can't help I fell in love with who I did. But if you grant me permission to leave, I will never bother you again."

"You... are you crying?"

"Yes. Because it hurts knowing he doesn't want me near him. It hurts to know he things I'm vile. It hurts because he's the only one I'll ever love... and I wish I could stay by his side..."

"You may leave."

I rushed off, and left for home.

I wasn't turning back.

I couldn't.

Reborn As The Lead's Love Intrestजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें