Message

He contemplated saying anything for days occasionally peeking at her profile. He gave in and opened messages. Gaege typed out, "Hey, you joined the zoom call the other day. It was really nice to meet you. You said it was like an early birthday present and I was wondering when your birthday is?" He read it back to himself and deleted the 2nd part then hovered his thumb over the send button. Gaege decided not to send it but never deleted the message. He set his phone done at his desk and put his headphones on and joined the boys in a discord call.

"I'm thinking about messaging her," Gaege spoke after being greeted by the others.

"Dude. Do it," Narrator said.

"Do it," the others cheered.

"Okay, okay!" He yelled to silence the others, "I'm doing it now." He picked up his phone and opened the message to hit send. he read it again then tapped the button. " I did it."

----- Hannah ----

I sat on my laptop creating unnecessary documents of all of my ideas when I felt my phone vibrate on the bed next to me. I stopped what I was doing to check the notification. When my phone screen lit up, I couldn't believe what I saw. I was frozen for a second but snapped out of it. I opened it to see if it was really him and not some fan account trolling me. It was really him. I didn't know what to say. I just stared at my phone. My reaction was to screenshot it and send it to my best friend Allie. Obviously, we both freaked out and we decided on a response. I typed, "It was really nice to meet you too. I'm happy I was able to get in," and I instantly sent it and waited for a response. It wasn't but a minute later I saw that he had seen it and was typing. The "Juicyfruitsnacks is typing" popped up and disappeared many times before he sent a response.

"So when is your birthday? You mentioned that the zoom call was an early birthday present."

"October 31st. I'll be 21."

"Oh no way. That will be easy to remember. It's halloween and you're only a year younger than me. I turn 22 on October as well."

I- I'm sorry.... did he just say MY birthday is easy to remember?