53

Dom has Brian, Mia, and Jack leave the country before going to find Hobbs, only to find out that he is in the hospital.

"Shattered his collarbone, fractured his leg in two places," Jayden explains to Dom as she and Elena lead him to Hobbs' room. "He only regained consciousness this morning. The first thing he said was 'Get me Dom'. He's in there." Dom goes to enter the room before turning back around because he knows something is wrong with Jayden.

"Are you okay?" Dom asks her.

"I'm fine," Jayden answers him with a nod, not knowing how to tell anyone about the news she had been told just that morning. "He's waiting. Lets go." They walk into the room to find Hobbs watching tv.

"Got something for you. Your files," Elena says as Jayden sits beside Samantha.

"Thank you," Hobbs tells her as he takes the files.

"You risk life and limb to save the free world and what do they give you?" Dom asks as he looks at Hobbs. "Jell-O and a bad '70s TV show." They look at the TV to see Hulk come on screen causing Hobbs to chuckle.

"You know it's got its perks," Hobbs tells him. "Sponge baths ain't that bad."

"Dad!" Samantha calls from her spot in the corner by Jayden, who rolls her eyes.

"I'm sorry, baby," Hobbs says as he and Dom look at her.

"Dad?" Dom asks confused.

"Honey, I want to introduce you to somebody. He's a, uh... He's an old friend. Go on and say hello," Hobbs introduces them.

"Dominic Toretto, Right?" The girl asks as she stands in front of Dom. "My dad said he kicked your ass once."

"Young lady, watch your mouth," Hobbs scolds her as Dom looks over at him before he shrugs.

"Your dad's on heavy pain meds," Dom says causing Hobbs to chuckle. "I can understand if his history is a little hazy."

"I doubt it," Samantha retorts causing Dom to smile.

"All right, honey, that's enough," Hobbs scolds her again.

"I'd say it was a pretty equal fight," Jayden says with a smirk.

"I want you to go get something to eat with Elena while me, Jay, and Toretto have a talk. You hear me," Hobbs orders his daughter.

"Come on, lady. Lets get some cookies," Elena tells her before they leave the room.

"Who did this?" Dom asks as he steps closer to the bed.

"You remember Owen Shaw?" Hobbs asks him back. "The one we tore half of London down trying to get. Well, this is his big bad brother. Take a look at this." Hobbs hands the files to Dom.

"Deckard Shaw," Dom says as he looks at the profile.

"British Special Forces assassin," Jayden explains. "The kind of unique asset that no government would ever admit to employing."

"Black Ops Boys," Dom says in understanding.

"Worse. They created a monster," Hobbs corrects him. "They felt Shaw was a necessary evil until eventually they decided he was unnecessary. The powers that be felt that he knew just a little bit too much. The asset became a liability. So they sent in 20 elite operatives to retire him."

"And they missed," Dom guesses.

"That was six years ago, and Shaw's been a ghost ever since," Jayden says in agreement.

"Until now," Dom states. "How do I find him?"

"The official answer is, you don't," Hobbs answers him.

"He killed Han," Dom tells him. "Almost killed my family."

"He also tried to put me and Jayden in body bags too," Hobbs interrupts him. "Which is why when I get out, I'm gonna put a hurt on him so bad he's gonna wish his mama had kept her legs closed. But until then, my official answer to you is stand down."

"Now, you know I can't do that," Dom tells him.

"I do know you, Dom," Hobbs says with a nod. "Which is why now I give you the brother to brother answer. You do whatever it is you gotta do. When you find that sumbitch, just do me two favors."

"What's that?" Dom asks him.

"Protect Jayden and don't miss," Hobbs answers him.

TWO DAYS LATER

Brian stands beside Tej, Jayden, and Rome as Dom walks up to Han's casket.

"They say to live in the hearts of those we leave behind is not to die," Dom says as he places Gisele's photo on the casket. "But he put you in this grave. So now I'll do the same to him." Dom then touches his head and chest in a cross motion.

"I can't do no more funerals," Rome says as he, Brian, Jayden, and Tej watch.

"First Han. Now Hobbs is laid up, of all people," Tej says as he shakes his head. "We're being hunted." Dom notices a car slowly driving through the cemetery. "You know he's out there somewhere watching, right?"

"I hope so," Jayden says in agreement. "Means he's close."

"Just promise me, Brian," Rome says as he looks at him. "No more funerals."

"Just one more," Brian says as Dom starts walking over to his car. "His."