16

Dom and Brian are taken to an abandoned building where they are chained to the pipes in the ceiling

Dom and Brian are taken to an abandoned building where they are chained to the pipes in the ceiling. A man in a nice suit walks in along with Zizi and a few other men.

"You two stirred up quite a bit of trouble today," The man in the suit says as he looks at Brian and Dom. "Three of my men dead. Three DEA agents along with them. Of course, this is business and sometimes things go astray. All I care about is the car. Tell me where it is, and I'll let you go."

"This roofing plastic says you're full of shit," Brian retorts earning a chuckle from the man.

"I don't know how you guys do business in your part of the world, but here in Rio, I like it when all parties know what they're up against," The man explains as he lightly paces in front of Dom and Brian.

"That's funny," Dom tells him. "Because it goes both ways."

"You know," The man starts before standing in front of Dom and glancing at Brian. "I hear your sisters are very beautiful. Wherever they hide, I will find them." This causes Brian to tense up and lightly pull at his chains. The man in the suit and all of his men but two, leave the building. Dom and Brian share a look as they hear the cars drive off. Brian kicks the guy closest to him while Dom breaks his cuffs before punching the other guy. Brian is able to wrap his legs around the guys neck, choking him until he falls unconscious. Dom hits the remaining guy, knocking him out.

Meanwhile, Jayden and Mia are waiting in an abandoned building for Dom and Brian.

"The American fugitives killed three DEA agents during a train robbery. Police warn they are armed and extremely dangerous. Anyone with information should contact law enforcement immediately." The radio says in Portuguese causing Jayden to let out a sigh as she worries about her brother.

"He'll be okay," Mia says as she walks over turning the radio off before pulling Jayden into a hug. "They always are." They hear a door open before Mia grabs a pipe off of the table and Jayden grabs her hand gun. They quickly hide behind a column as Jayden cocks her gun.

"Mia? Jay?" Brian calls as he walks into the room.

"Hey," Mia says as she walks over to him, hugging him. "You okay?"

"Yeah, you all right?" Brian asks her as they pull apart and Dom walks into the room.

"Hey," Jayden says with a smile before hugging Brian as Mia hugs Dom.

"Hey, Yeah," Dom says as he grabs the pipe in Mia's hand. "Just like a Toretto."

"And just like an O'Conner," Brian says as he raises Jayden's arm that is holding the gun.

"Where's Vince?" Mia asks as they all smile at each other.

"That's a good question," Brian says as he looks at Dom.

"He'll be here," Dom says as he walks to set the pipe down. Jayden sighs as she tucks her gun into her waistband.

"Guys, we're all over the news. They're blaming us  for the killing of those DEA agents on the train," Jayden explains as she looks at her brother worriedly, already fearing the worst.

"Which means we just jumped to the top of the wanted list," Brian says as they all walk over to the car. "The feds have got to show everyone their agents are off limits and they're going to send their best guys. We got to get out of here."

"One thing we know for sure," Dom says as he walks around the car. "Is that they wanted this car."

"Because something is in it," Jayden states the obvious.

"If we find out what it is, we'll know what we're up against," Dom tells them before they start taking the car apart.

A plane lands in Rio before the cargo hold opens up to reveal Agent Luke Hobbs.

"All right, listen up!" Luke orders his team as he walks out of the plane. "The men and women we're after are professional runners. They like speed and are guaranteed to go down the hardest possible way so make sure you got your funderwear on. We find them, we take them as a team, and we bring them back. And above all else, we don't ever, ever let them get into cars. Crime scene is 10 hours old and counting, men. Let's go hunting."

"Agente Hobbs! Chief of Police, João Alemeida," João introduces himself as he walks over to Luke.

"Luke," Luke corrects him.

"Sorry to hear about the loss of your men," João says as he follows Luke, who is flipping through a file. "Is all this really necessary to apprehend two men and a woman?"

"Let me tell you something about these two men and woman," Luke says as he closes the file. "Two are former federal officers, both have been in deep cover for five years. They know every way you're going to come for them. The other man is a  professional criminal, has escaped prison twice. He has spent half his life on the run avoiding folks like you." Though he wouldn't admit it out loud and has trouble admitting it to himself, Luke thinks that Jayden O'Conner is too beautiful to be a criminal.

"Well, if there's anything we can do to help the DSS..." João starts but is interrupted.

"Two things," Luke says as he interrupts him. "One, I need a translator."

"We have plenty in the public relations department," João tells him.

"Elena Neves," Luke states, having already picked one out. Luke hands the file to João.

"A patrol officer?" João asks him confused.

"You heard me," Luke answers him.

"But why? We have many more experienced people," João asks him.

"I like her smile," Luke answers him.

"What's the second thing?" João asks as he gives up on changing his mind.

"Stay the fuck out of my way," Luke answers as he finally turns to face João before getting into a truck.

"God damn," Vince says as he walks in and looks around. "What a mess!"

"Where you been, man?" Brian asks as he barley glances at Vince.

"You better check that tone," Vince says with a chuckle.

"And you just better answer the goddamn question," Brian says as he stands up and starts to head towards Vince.

"Stop it," Mia says as she pushes Vince back.

"Both of you," Jayden adds as she pulls her brother back.

"Where were you, Vince?" Dom asks as he walks over.

"Guys all over the favelas asking about. Couldn't get out of there without leading them straight to you," Vince answers him. "Had to wait them out."

"That is such horseshit," Brian accuses. "That was your job and those were your guys!"

"Hey!" Mia yells as Vince and Brian start towards each other.

"Hey! Enough, O'Conner!" Dom yells as he pulls Vince back. "If he said he didn't do it, he didn't do it. Go walk it off." Brian walks outside while Mia looks between Vince, Jayden, and Dom before following Brian.