19

"They're going to be looking for the four of us together now," Dom says as they exit the tunnel. "We need to split up. You, Jayden, and Mia head south, I'll lead them away."

"No," Mia says as she shakes her head.

"Dom is right," Brian says as he looks at Mia. "Look how lucky we just got. What happens next time? We have no choice but to split up."

"I'm pregnant," Mia says causing Brian and Dom to freeze while Jayden smiles. Mia looks between Brian, Jayden, and Dom. "I already lost my family once. I'm not going through that again."

"Are you kidding me?" Brian asks as he grabs Mia's arm.

"No," Mia answers him with a smile before he kisses her then hugs her.

"I'm not going anywhere. Okay?" Brian tells her causing her to smile before he wraps an arm around her waist.

"I always thought he would be an uncle before I was an aunt," Jayden says causing Mia and Brian to laugh before she pulls them into a hug.

"Dom? Promise me we stick together," Mia says as they turn to face him.

"I promise," Dom tells her before walking over and pulling all three of them in a hug. "Our family just got bigger."

Hobbs' team collects evidence from where their targets had been staying.

"Something doesn't add up," Elena says as she looks through a file. "The Toretto's and the O'Conner's. They stay when they are supposed to run, they steal gas then give it away? Now they're killing federal agents? It doesn't make any sense."

"Here's what makes sense," Hobbs says as he takes the file from her before throwing it. "All these people are names on a list. They come up, we take them down. Not a phone call more, not a bullet less." Hobbs is angry with himself because he can't get Jayden out of his head. "Wilkes, we get anything?"

"Standard forensics. Shoes prints. Hair and fiber. Prints are all over the car," Wilkes answers him before bringing him some papers.

"Anything else?" Hobbs asks as he takes the papers.

"Yeah, we tracked the owner off the vehicle ID," Wilkes answers him. "There are a couple of shell companies in between, but we finally traced it back to a corporation owned by an investor down here named Hernan Reyes."

"Investor?" Elena asks as she raises her eyebrows. "If there's anything illegal happening in Rio, Reyes is involved."

"Okay, then so are we," Hobbs says with a nod. "If he could get us any closer to our guys, I want everything on him. Chato, you're on the roof. I want you on overwatch in case somebody comes back for something. Mac, give me a cross check on Reyes, full specs. If he goes to the john, I want to know how many times he shakes it."

"You got it, boss," Mac says before walking over to the computer.

"Wilkes, Fusco! Lets put all this mess back together," Hobbs orders.

"That's going to take a while," Fusco complains.

"Then you better get started," Hobbs tells him. "They were taking this car apart for a reason. Lets put it back together and find out what's missing."

Dom picks them up some beer and food before finding them a place to stay for the night. Mia sleeps on the only cushioned chair in the room. Brian stands in the doorway as he watches Mia sleep. Jayden is sitting in a chair on the balcony as they drink beer.

"Hey, Dom, what do you remember about your father?" Brian asks as he sits in a chair beside his sister.

"My father," Dom says thoughtfully as he leans against the table that's on the balcony. "He used to... He used to have a barbecue every Sunday after church. For anybody in the neighborhood. If you didn't go to church, you didn't get any barbecue. Every single day he was in the shop, and every single night, he was at the kitchen table with Mia, helping her with her homework. Even after Mia went to sleep, he'd stay up a few more hours so he could learn the next chapter and help her the next day. I remember everything about my father. Everything."

"That's just it," Brian says as he looks down. "I don't remember shit about our dad. I don't remember him yelling. I don't remember him smiling. To be honest with you, I don't even remember what the hell he looked like. I don't remember. He just.."

"He was just never there," Jayden says causing Brian to nod in agreement. "You are not going to be like him, Brian." Dom walks over to window and looking at Mia. Brian goes back to looking at Mia, knowing they can't keep living the life that they are living.

"We can't keep running, Dom," Brian says as he looks over at Dom. "We got to get out. We got to get out now."

"You're right. Here's how we're going to do it," Dom says as he holds up the chip. "We're going to use this. We're going to do one last job. We're going to take all of Reyes' money. Every dime of it, and disappear. Forever." Dom sits the chip down in front of Brian.

"New passports. New lives with no more looking over our shoulder. And we're just going to buy our freedom," Brian explains in agreement.

"That's right," Dom agrees.

"You realize we're talking about going up against the most powerful guy in all of Rio?" Jayden asks them, slightly worried.

"Yes, we are," Dom answers her confidently.

"Then we're going to need a team," Brian says with a smile.