36

Dom called Tej, Rome, Gisele, and Han, who all agreed to come. Dom then decided that Brian and Mia deserved to know so he and Jayden make their way to their house.

"What do you think of this?" Brian asks as he shakes a rattle toy in front of Jack.

"He likes it," Mia says with a smile.

"Or this?" Brian asks as he holds a toy skyline car in front of Jack, who reaches for it. "Yes." Brian looks at Mia with a victorious smile causing her to smile. "That's my boy. All right, lets see how this thing flies." Brian throws a paper airplane before Dom pulls up in front of where the paper plane lands. "It's Uncle Dom and Aunt Jay. What do you know? Are you waving?"

"Hey Jack," Jayden says with a smile as she gets out of the car.

"What's up, Aunt Jay? What's up, Uncle Dom?" Brian says for Jack as he waves Jack's hand around.

"Are you already pushing imports on him?" Dom asks as he sees the toy skyline.

"You say, 'Dad's not pushing anything.' He chose that car," Brian says as he looks at Dom, who has kneeled in front of them.

"We know he's an O'Conner, but I brought you something Jack," Dom says with a smirk as he holds out a toy Dodge Charger to him. Jack starts reaching for the car. "Yeah! He's also a Toretto."

"I don't know," Jayden says as Brian takes the car from Dom.

"Luckily he has a couple more years to decide, right?" Mia says with a smile as she looks at Jack.

"I think he decided, Mia," Dom says as Jack plays with the car.

"I think it's time for his nap," Mia says as she takes Jack from Brian before going inside. Brian grabs some beers for him, Jayden, and Dom before they sit in some lawn chairs.

"It's weird, huh?" Brian asks as Jayden takes a drink of her beer.

"What's weird?" Dom asks him back.

"We got everything. You know, down to the beer and the barbecue. But it's just..." Brian says with a chuckle and a shake of his head. "I don't know, it just doesn't feel like home. Maybe it's because, uh, you don't realize how much you appreciate something until someone takes it away. I don't know. The place has probably changed so much, you wouldn't even recognize it anymore."

"Yeah. Everything's changed," Dom says in agreement.

"So what's up with you two? What's going on?" Brian questions them. Dom sighs before handing him the envelope that Hobbs had given him.

"Taken a week ago," Dom says as Brian opens the envelope.

"Diplomatic Security Service. Hobbs," Brian says before pulling out the picture and looking at it. "You know, I used to do this shit all the time as a cop. This is exactly what cops do. He's messing with your head."

"Hobbs didn't fake these. I was there when he received them," Jayden tells her brother.

"Letty's dead, Dom," Brian says as he shakes his head in denial.

"I need to know for sure," Dom tells him.

"Then I'm going with you," Brian states causing Dom to shake his head.

"You said you were going to leave this life behind," Dom tells him sternly.

"We all said that we were leaving the life behind," Brian argues with him.

"He's right," Mia says as she walks over, having been listening in to their conversation. "We're family. If we got a problem, we deal with it together. And I'll feel safer knowing you're all out there, watching each other's backs. You're stronger together. You always were. Now go get Letty. Bring her home."