6

CHAPTER 6

CHAPTER 6

"I got you, I got you, I got you," Jimmy cheers from the table set up in the garage. Tej, Jimmy, and Suki sit around the table as they play poker. Jayden smiles as she walks over to her family.

"Is that right?" Tej asks, which lets Jayden know that he has better cards than he's letting be known.

"See, we can race for cash, but when I step on the gas, my nitrous go blast, leave your ass in the past. And, Tej, you about to lose your garage,"Jimmy raps causing Jayden to laugh. 

"Whatever, man," Tej says with an eye roll as Brian and Rome walk over.

"I'm a low-budget mechanic, but I overcharge. Pay me!" Jimmy says as he slaps his cards down. Jayden gives Suki a hug as they all laugh at Jimmy's excitement. "Let's go, man! Pay me my money. I told you, man."

"You a happy man. I'm so glad," Tej says as he lays his cards down. "This is my garage, boy. Royal flush!" Tej takes the money from Jimmy as Jayden gives Jimmy a hug. "Give me this, man." Tej and Rome bro hug excitedly as Jayden and Suki share a smirk.

"You can't play a player. Put that money back on the table. You know it's my next hand. You going to play Jay?" Suki tells them with a smile and Jayden nods.

"Jimmy, how you gonna pay me back if you keep losing to Tej?" Brian asks Jimmy as they do a hand shake.

"How ya doin', bro?" Jayden asks as she hugs Tej before sitting beside Suki.

"I'm gonna crash. I'll catch you all tomorrow," Brian says before he walks away.