"Got the late shift," Chellick replied. There was no need to tell her, he had traded his shift with someone else's just to get a chance to talk to her.

"Going to see the Major?" he asked, hoping to continue the conversation.

"Yes," Shepard replied shifting her bag to her shoulder. "He'll want to hear all about my trip."

"Of course," Chellick answered, thinking of a way to continue the conversation.

"Chellick," Shepard said. "If I were you, I would be careful about how familiar you become with my habits."

"I-" Chellick was speechless.

"It's not safe," Shepard continued. "You've been warned."

With that, Shepard said goodbye and continued on her way.

"Bye," he said, quietly watching her go. "Until next time."

Shepard made her way through the Citadel watchful as ever until she got to the offices of the Human Embassy. Major Anderson had an office right next to it even though there wasn't an elected Human Councilor. Shepard stopped in front of the doors and tried to look presentable before knocking A soft enter was heard before the Captain squared her shoulders and entered the room. Admiral Steven Hackett and Major David Anderson, her adoptive father, were waiting for her. Shepard walked up to them, stopped just a few feet in front of them, stood to attention, and saluted.

"Captain Aster Shepard reporting, sirs," she said.

Admiral Hackett saluted and motion for Shepard to take a sit.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" Shepard asked making herself comfortable.

"I wanted to hear the report straight from the source," the Admiral replied.

"I'm assuming you read the report, Sir?" Shepard asked a bit confused. Shepard couldn't understand why the Admiral of the Alliance forces would take a personal visit just to hear a report.

"Yes," the Admiral replied. "I find it quite amusing."

Shepard was sent by the Council to retrieve Councilor Tevos's daughters. There had been rumors of an assassination attempt on their life and since John wouldn't be back in time, they decided to send in another Shepard for retrieval instead. It was a simple mission really, a pick-up, and drop-off. The easiest mission Shepard had been on since her graduation from the N7 program.

"It was the least I could do," Shepard replied, sounding as genuine as she could. "They've been so kind to me."

In reality, Shepard really didn't like being sent out on meaningless missions; her skill was definitely being wasted. The Admiral and the Major shared a look but didn't reply. They knew she was lying.

"Is there something else?" Shepard asked looking at them both. "I find it odd to see both of you together."

"No, nothing for you to worry about," Anderson quickly said. "How about we go get some dinner?"

"You'll be joining us, Admiral?" Shepard asked, standing up.

"No," he replied. "Maybe next time."

With that the Admiral excused himself leaving Shepard and Anderson alone.

"What was all that about?" she asked staring at the door Admiral Hackett had gone through. "He never shows up without a reason."

"Nothing for you to worry about," Anderson repeated grabbing his things. "Come on. I hear the soup place you like so much should still be open."

Anderson and Shepard made their way toward the Wards careful to avoid the roaming C-Sec officers on patrol. It was best to stay away from them and remain hidden. If they were seen, the patrol would insist on escorting them. The trip wasn't far and in no time the pair were in the lower market behind the black market where a salarian had opened up a soup shop by the name of Saertall Soup. When they entered, they were greeted by Saertall himself.

"What will it be?" he asked, wiping his hands on his apron

"I'll have a number 3 and a side of your honey marinade," Shepard answered taking a seat at one of the tables. "Oh, and a tea."

"I'll have the same thing," Anderson answered, also taking a seat.

Saertall excused himself and went to the kitchen to prepare their meals.

"How's everything?" Anderson asked. "Anything new?"

"Not really," Shepard answered. "Just trying to keep busy, you know. Not much to it."

"So that rumor about getting cozy with a certain turian in C-Sec is nothing but a rumor?" Anderson asked nonchalantly.

"Ah," Shepard said smiling. "There is nothing there if you're wondering."

"You sure?" he asked as Saertall came by with their drinks.

"Yes," Shepard answered taking a sip. "You honestly think I have the time to be wasting? If that ever changes, I'll let you."

It didn't take long for Saertall to return with their food.

"Instead of worrying about those rumors," Shepard began. "How about we eat our dinner and head to bed. I could use a nap."

Shepard had been right to be worried, she hadn't been the only one worried about attracting unwanted attention. If Anderson knew about Chellick knowing her, then that meant that other people could also be watching.

After they ate their dinner and left the soup shop, the pair of them headed toward the Tiberius Towers which was located on the Silversun Strip. Silversun Strip was part of human housing that the Council had given Humanity as part of the peace treaty.

"You seeing Dr. Chakwas later on tonight?" Shepard asked, as the pair of them entered the building and headed toward the elevator.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he replied hitting his floor number.

"Of course, you don't," Shepard said, hiding a smile.

When they reached the third floor Shepard said her goodbyes and went into her apartment. Shepard took a quick look around to make sure the apartment was empty; the kitchen was on the right-hand side, followed by the living area to the left. There was a small office, a workbench, a bathroom, and one bedroom. It wasn't big or anything but it was good enough for her since she rarely had a chance to stay more than a few days.

After removing her armor and placing it on the workbench, Shepard put in quick order of groceries to be delivered to her place and grabbed her clothes to take a shower. She would have preferred to take a long bath and enjoyed her stay but unfortunately, Shepard didn't have the luxury of relaxing. She wasn't sure when she would be sent on another mission. The doorbell rang as Shepard pulled on a hoodie, wearing nothing underneath. She thanked the delivery man, tipped them, and went to put away the groceries.

The cupboards and fridge were empty since she always made sure to only buy food for two days. It was best not to waste. Once that was done Shepard sat on the couch and went through a list of movies to choose from. She didn't have much but she preferred to have some type of background noise while she caught up on emails and reports. It wasn't long before Shepard fell asleep to the blurring of words on her omni-tool.