chapter 17- The L Word

your pov:

"Chloe Grace was taken last night around sundown, she was reported missing by her father and her older brother." JJ tells me early in the morning when I meet her in her office.
"That's an actress."
"How'd you know?"
"I've seen her in a movie or two."
We get the rest of the details ready to present the case to the rest of the team.
"29 year old actress, Chloe Grace, was reported missing last night around 8pm. She was supposed to meet up with her family this afternoon for lunch, they haven't heard from her since yesterday." I tell the team.
"Wasn't that the girl in the spy movie?" Morgan asks.
"Oh yeah I saw that." Emily says.
"Yeah, she's a fairly well known actress," I say.
"Wheels up in 20," Hotch says, leaving the briefing room.
We get on the jet, ready to take off to Los Angeles.
"Didn't you kiss the last actress we met, Reid?" Morgan says after Garcia hangs up the call we had about the victim.
I look at Spencer next to me whose glaring at Derek telling him to shut up.
"Oh?" I tease, only slightly jealous, but I won't show it.
"It was a long time ago," Spencer says, embarrassed.
"It's okay," I laugh.
We look over the case files again.

We go to the actress's house where her worried father sits on the couch as we ask him questions.
"I don't know anyone who would do this," he says.
"Has she gotten any fan mail that might've been concerning? Maybe threatening or over sexual?" Emily asks.
"Not that I know of. She's an adult, she doesn't tell her old man everything anymore."
"Do you know where Chloe keeps the fan mail?" Reid asks.
He nods his head and leads us to a room him Chloe's house. There's a desk and posters of herself hanging on the walls. Her dad opens a desk drawer that's filled with letters.
"Do you mind if I...?" I ask him, motioning toward the drawer.
"Go ahead."
We put on gloves and read some letters. Most of them are from little girls calling her their idol or teenage boys saying they'll marry her one day.
"Hey look at this," Emily says and Spencer and I go over where she's sitting. "' The way you look at me makes me melt... I don't think I've ever felt... something so real. Chloe Grace, oh the way you make me feel'." She reads.
"What a cute poem," I say sarcastically.
"Does it say who it's from?"
"It's just signed 'your love'."
"The way you look at me," I say out loud. "She's met this person before?"
"That or he thinks they have after watching her on screen," Emily suggests.
We put the letter in a bag just in case and take it with us.
"Thank you," I say to her father before we leave.
He gives me a look of gratitude and sadness.
We meet the rest of our team at a precinct in LA closest to Chloe's house. We show them the letter.
"We might want to go ahead and check it for prints," Hotch says. I nod and head to give it to IAFIS who has a place in Los Angeles. (idk if they actually do but just go with it homie)
"They should be back with results in an hour or so," I say coming back into the precinct.
"We're going to talk to the brother," Rossi tells me.
"Need my help?"
"No, stay here and wait for the results. We'll call you if we need anything." I nod and watch as he, Hotch, and Reid leave.
I talk to JJ, Morgan, and Em for a bit as we wait. I get a call and step out.
"Alright, thank you."
I go back to my coworkers. "Okay that's weird."
"What?" Morgan asks.
"They said the only set of fingerprints were Chloe's. Not even a mail man or anything."
"So someone delivered it to her house in gloves." Emily says.
"It's gotta be our unsub, right?"
"It's a strong possibility," JJ answers me

"Her brother said one of his friends from home used to call her everyday after they moved to LA," Hotch says. "They had to block his number because the calls started getting creepy. Robert Hogan."
"On it," Garcia says from Morgan's phone. I can hear her typing.
"Did the prints come in?" Rossi asks me.
"Yeah and the only set were Chloe's," I tell the four who weren't here to hear me say it earlier.
"Robert Hogan... there's like a thousand of those."
"They're from Michigan," I say.
"Robert Hogan from Michigan. Okay got it," Garcia talks while typing. "He's 34 years old, works at a phone store in Dearborn, and he's like super awkward looking."
"Can you get a phone number?" Rossi asks.
"Like duh," she says, and a few seconds later she reads it out to us.
"I want to call him, just to make sure. In the mean time, see if he purchased any tickets to California."
We hang up and start getting to work again, until Penelope calls us again. "Um sir, he booked a flight to LAX a week ago."
"Okay, great work."
Rossi calls the number, but he doesn't pick up. His voicemail message is painfully awkward and sorta creepy. This guy is our number one suspect at the moment.
The news plays on a TV in the precinct.
"Chloe Grace has been reported missing from her LA home for almost 24 hours. Sources say no one has heard from her since yesterday. Stay tuned for updates..." How in the world does everything get out so quickly? Hollywood is crazy.

Chloe's brother tells us more about Robert's relationship with Chloe. He says he used to have a thing for her, but when she started getting famous, he became obsessive. He would call and text all the time. He even referred to her as his girlfriend.
Her brother says he showed up at their home in LA one day, and he and his father had to throw him out. They got a restraining order to be safer.
Robert has got to be our unsub.
"Do you know if he sent any letters too?" I ask.
"I wouldn't put it past him."
"It would mean he knew where she lives," I say. "No mail carriers prints were on the envelope."
"Oh God." He says.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."
"No it's okay. Find this guy. He's sick."
I nod my head and JJ and I rise to leave. "One more thing. He purchased a ticket to LA a week ago. You're sure you haven't seen him anywhere around here?"
"I haven't."
"Okay," we leave

It was him. Reid and Rossi and Hotch found him in a hotel room with Chloe tied to the bed. He hadn't done anything to her. He was too incompetent.
We go to a hotel for the night. I share a room with Prentiss.
In the morning, we go to the precinct to say goodbye and thank them for letting us use their space.
I see Chloe come in. "Thank you for saving my life," she tells Spencer.
"It's my job," he smiles awkwardly.
Why is she only thanking him?
"You're like really hot, you know that?"
I turn to JJ with wide eyes. "She just got kidnapped and she's flirting?"
Emily laughs at that.
I turn my eyes back to Chloe and see her push Spencer's hair out of his face. I stare in shock. My blood boils in jealously. I've never been jealous like this before. I turn to leave out of the room.
"Hey," Spencer jogs to catch up with me. He sits beside me on the sidewalk.
"Go flirt with your little actress friend." I say.
"Really Y/n?"
"Sorry. I just got kinda jealous I guess."
"Why?"
"Because she's like super hot and famous and her hand in your hair made me want to hurt her even though we just saved her life."
He laughs.
"It's not funny!"
"Yeah totally not," he tries to suppress a smile.
I see this and hit him in this chest.
"Come on. You don't have to be jealous. I love you."
I look at him in shock.
"I-is it too soon?"
"No. It's just... no guy outside of my family has ever said they loved me."
"Well I do."
"I love you too, Spencer." I breath with a smile, still in shock.
He kisses me softly and stands up. Spencer offers me his hand, and I take it, rising to my feet.

We arrive back at the BAU around 1pm and fill out some paper work before we all can go home.
"Tell the boys I said hi," I say to JJ before she leaves.
"Will do," she smiles.
"We should go out to lunch," I say to Spencer while grabbing my bag.
"Okay," he agrees.
"Mind if we tag along?" Penelope gestures to Morgan and herself.
"Not at all," I smile.
We go out to lunch and talk about random things. I order a big salad that tastes super good. Spencer orders some weird soup that actually isn't bad, I tried some, Pen gets a sandwich, and Morgan orders a burger that is probably half the size of my head.
"So how's dr genius in bed?" Morgan asks.
"Morgan!" Spencer and I both yell at the same time.
"What? I'm curious!"
I roll my eyes, slightly blushing. "You're a creep," I joke.
After lunch, Penelope and Derek say goodbye and Spencer and I decide to take a walk before we both head to our houses.
We walk down the sidewalks of stores and buildings while holding hands.
It feels good to not be a secret anymore. It feels good to let anyone passing by know that this handsome man right here is my boyfriend.
"I love you," I say, trying it out again before we go our separate ways for the day.
He smiles down at me. "I love you too, Y/n. See you tomorrow."
I get in my car, with a smile still on my face, and drive home.

1700 words. hope you enjoy. I thought dis was kinda cute hehe