chapter 7- Undercover

your pov:

Finally, I step out of the elevator, walking into the familiar sight of the BAU. I look down at my white sneakers as I walk up the steps to my office next to JJ's.
"Hey pretty thing- Oh shit girl you look like a wreck."
"Thanks, Morgan. That's very thoughtful," I say.
"Sorry Y/l/n. You doing okay?"
"I am now," I tell him gesturing to everything around us.
"Glad to have you back," he winks.
I walk into my office, and immediately look in the mirror I have on my wall. I do look like a wreck. Concealer and foundation didn't cover up the bags under my eyes enough and I look pale, paler than usual. I smooth down my navy blouse and my gray skirt that's slightly longer in the back than it is in the front. I'm really glad we aren't required to wear anything specific because most days I just wear sneakers or boots with jeans and something fancy for the top (so that it looks like I actually tried).
Hotch and Rossi come into my office as I'm answering some emails. Hotch gives a little knock before they enter.
"Yes sirs?" I say, my voice still doesn't sound normal but it's better than it was yesterday or the day before. Maybe drinking some water and getting off my couch helped.
"Y/n, good to have you back," Hotch says before telling me what he's really here for. "The case JJ picked out for us is hard work. You're up for the job aren't you?"
"Of course I am sir," I answer quickly.
"Good. Because we need a lot of help on your part."
"We're going to need you to go undercover," Rossi says, "Hopefully for no longer than an hour. You'll be going to a bar. The bureau believes someone they've been tracking for a while is going to trade off at midnight."
"Trade off?" I ask.
"Children."
My lips part a little in shock.
"They wanted someone from the BAU, and we thought it would be best to send in a female. They wouldn't be too suspicious and maybe you could charm them. But only if you're up for it."
"I'm up for it," I say.
"Think about it before you answer," Hotch says sternly. "We need you in the right headspace, and after what happened-"
"I can do it, sir. I promise."
"Okay," Rossi smiles.
"Okay," Hotch says, his eyes still worried.

(in the briefing room about 20 minutes later)

"And we're sending one of our agents to the task," Hotchner tells the team. "Y/l/n will be undercover in the bar as a street worker. These guys like to toy with women as well as children, so maybe she can get a confession."
Or he'll try to hurt me and you guys can arrest him. I thought it was funny that he said 'street worker' instead of prostitute.
I feel eyes on me from everyone on the team.
"Garcia, Prentiss, and Reid will be in the van out behind the bar. Morgan will be inside listening in incase anything goes wrong. JJ, you will stay in the police department and work with the detectives to make sure everything is good. Rossi and I will be ready with SWAT for backup."
I nod. This is my chance to prove to everyone, and myself, that I belong here.
"Wheels up in 10. I'll assign you to jobs when we get to the station."
I'm one of the last to leave the room, and as I make my way to do so, I feel a hand tap my shoulder.
"Y/n," Spencer says looking down into my eyes. There's something in his look.
"Yeah?"
"Um I'm glad you're back."
I nod my head in a thank you and leave to grab my bag. I board the plane and sit by myself in a seat. I go over everything I need to remember.

We land in New Orleans at about 11am. We're greeted by a detective and an FBI agent who introduce themselves as Holland and Agent Clark.
"This our girl?" Agent Clark asks, pointing to me.
"Yes sir," I say. "Agent Y/n Y/l/n."
"Nice to meet you," he shakes my hand then does the same with everyone else.
We go in two cars. Morgan drives ours and Reid sits in the front.
Garcia grabs my hand from beside me and says, "You sure you're okay to do this?"
"Absolutely."
It's important to be confident in yourself especially when you have to do your job right to save lives. I can do this.
We arrive at the precinct and meet Rossi, Hotch, Emily, and JJ before going in.
We're assigned things to do. Detective Holland and Agent Clark give me a run down on what they think will happen. I nod my head to show them I understand.
"Alright, thank you detective, agent," I nod my head at each of them.
"Thank you, agent."
After a while of going though files, making predictions, our usual profiling, and drinking a shit ton of coffee, a lady calls my name as she walks closer to us.
"Here you go, Agent Y/l/n," she says in high voice, "I think they'll fit fine."
"Thank you." I say before heading to the bathroom to change.
I look in the mirror. Wow. I look... not myself. I examine my body that his hugged tightly by a light blue dress with no sleeves and black thigh high boots. I'm not even wearing a bra, just some sticking things that make my breasts look fuller. I add some eyeliner and a little bit more concealer to try and hide these stubborn bags under my eyes.
I feel so awkward. I'm normally a fairly sure of myself type of person, but in this outfit, in this situation it's different. I feel like a stripper, but I guess that was the point.
The heels of these long ass boots click against the floor as I walk back to my team.
I immediately notice Spencer's eyes widen and his cheek flush as he tries to look away. This makes a blush crawl up to my cheeks.
"Damn girl," Morgan looks me up and down, "I'd pay you."
"Watch it, Derek," I say and walk away from them to Garcia and JJ.
"Stop drooling," I hear Morgan say to Reid behind me.
"I wasn't-" he starts and I giggle.

Before I know it, we're in cars on our way to the bar. We tracked the unsub's location and he's exactly where we thought he'd be. I stand up to get out of the van a block away from the bar, a hand grabs my wrist.
"Be careful baby girl," Garcia says. I look her in the eyes for a few seconds, nodding my head. When I look away, my eyes meet Spencer's. We don't say anything, but it means a lot to me for some reason.
I walk to the bar, confidence in my steps as my heeled boots click on the concrete sidewalk. I push the bar doors open and the smell of men, whiskey, and my own perfume hit my nostrils.
Morgan is already seated at a booth, pretending to drink a beer. Well, he is drinking it, but barely so he can stay himself.
I sit down at a bar stool and order a bourbon.
"So you like the hard stuff aye?" A man says coming to sit beside me. He's our guy, I remember his face from the pictures.
"Of course I do," I wink, taking a drink and forcing myself not to make a face.
"I've never seen you around here, babydoll."
"I'm new to town. Dumped my boyfriend and decided to come work in the big city."
He knows what work I mean. Our unsub looks me up and down, and I try not to shift under his cold eyes.
"Where you from, pretty lady?"
"Doesn't matter, just matters that I'm here." I say.
"Ooh kinda feisty, I like it."
I give him a smile.
"You look so dolled up, how about I ruin your outfit a little?" He says. I look over my shoulder and see Morgan eyeing us.
"And what would be the fun in me just giving it to you? Did your daddy not teach you to work for things?" I say, and I hope he doesn't hear my breathing getting heavier.
He raises his eyebrows in amusement. "How about I give you this?" He asks, holding up a wad of cash.
I swallow. "That's a lot of money, where'd you get it?"
"I've got a good job, babydoll."
This makes me want to puke, but instead I say. "And that is?"
"None of your damn business," his voice changes harshly. "Follow me." He grabs me by the hand and I follow behind him.
Morgan starts to stand up when I walk by but I motion for him to sit back down and point to the device behind my ear that will alert the whole team.
I know Garcia has hacked into the cameras and they can see everything.
He leads me to a hallway and shoves me up against the wall. "You're mine tonight." He says before slamming his mouth onto mine. I kiss him back, I have to or I'll blow my cover. He tastes like beer. One hand of his is tangled in my hair and the other makes it's way to my breast. I try not to flinch.
My hands stay on his back as we makeout. His hand finally leave my boob, and instead travels down my body, up my dress and right onto my ass. I'm wearing a thong so I didn't have lines showing through this tight dress.
I'm so uncomfortable, even more so knowing my team can see part of what's going on. A camera points to the hallway, but there's no others actually in this part of the bar. I know Prentiss, Spencer, and Garcia can most likely see half of mine and our unsub's bodies. They can see this disgusting makeout session.
I open my eyes as his lips trail to my neck. I take a look around, making sure not to move too much. I even give a few moans that this asshole can't even tell are fake. I see something in the corner of the hallway, but it's so dark I can barely tell what it is.
I see Morgan glance back at us to make sure I'm okay. I close my eyes to avoid embarrassment.
Suddenly, I hear a burst through the door. "FBI nobody move!"
"F*ck." The unsub grabs my hand and pulls me to a staircase. So that's what I saw. It leads underground.
"Where is Ramone Cortez?" Hotch's voice booms. Then I hear his voice quieter, "Where's Y/l/n?"
"I see your gun," Cortez whispers to me, his hand around my waist still.
"What?" I barely heard him.
"I see your gun in your boot," he says and with that I feel a sharp pain right in my abdomen, I hold my stomach. I don't even process what happened until he tries to make a run for it. I've been stabbed.
I hear gunshots, police sirens, and yelling all around me. My vision turns hazy. Am I on the ground? Did I fall on the ground. Did he take the knife out of me? I don't know. I look down and my hands and dress are covered in blood that's running down to my legs. I can't move. My vision goes completely black.

I wake up in a strange room. It takes my eyes a second to realize it's a hospital room. I'm in a hospital gown, and a hospital bed. I turn frantically and my eyes are met with the hazel ones of Spencer Reid.
"Spencer... what happened?" I say holding my head.
"You were stabbed. Cortez, he...he stabbed you."
It's like the recollection of this event made my stomach realize it was in pain. I touch the wound, it's covered in gauze and bandages.
"The staircase... the kids-"
"We found them. They're safe."
I smile, "Oh good."
"Do you need some water?"
"No, I'm okay."
Spencer nods.
"Can you tell me what happened?"
"We found the guy Cortez was doing business with driving away. I- we noticed a piece of a shirt caught in the trunk. He told us everything, sold Cortez out."
I nod my head and my eyes feel heavy again.
"You really should drink some water before you get even more hydrated."
"If you insist, doc." I say sleepily.
A moment later, Spencer comes back into my room and hands me a cup of water. I wince, trying my hardest to sit up.
"Thank you," I whisper.
"You're welcome, Y/n."
I take a few sips before giving it back to Reid.
"How long have you been in here?" I ask.
"I uh- about an hour."
"Reid, go to the hotel, get some sleep," I say.
"I can sleep here."
"I highly doubt it, those chairs are about as comfy as this bed I can hardly sleep in these."
"Your snoring said otherwise," Spencer remarks.
"I did not snore!"
"A little bit," he says with a sideways smile.
I reach over and hit him lightly in the chest. It kinda hurts, but totally worth it.
"What'd they do with that hooker dress?"
"We threw it away."
"You should've burned it," I say.
Spencer laughs and Morgan comes in saying, "Oh come on it wasn't too bad."
I give him the finger as the rest of the team comes in to check on me.
"How you feeling baby girl?" Garcia asks me.
"Just peachy."
They laugh and Emily sits on my bed, putting a hand on my knee for comfort. I shoot her a small smile.
The doctor comes in shortly and clears everybody out, but Hotch.
"She needs to take it easy for at least 48 hours. No lifting, operating machines, or bending down too much." he says.
Hotch nods and so do I.
"You're all good to head home if you feel like it."
I nod, "Thank you, doctor."
Hotch leaves to tell the team I can go home while I change into the clothes JJ had brought for me. Sweatpants and a t shirt. I don't think I've ever worn sweatpants in front of them, let alone my bosses.
I slip on my white sneakers, careful not to bend down, and leave to check out.

"I'm taking you home," Spencer says once we're back to the BAU. It's sometime around 1pm.
"That's not necessary," I start.
"You can't drive right now."
"Touché," I say, following him to his car.
He opens the door for me and I get in.
"I can stay with you tonight," Spencer says when we reach my apartment.
"You don't have to do that."
"I want to make sure you're okay."
"Okay," I smile.

thank you for reading! be sure to comment, vote, and stay tuned for a new chapter! this is the longest chapter, at 2510 words:)