CHAPTER 12 - Breaking Up

Violet's P.O.V

I've had enough of Masky.

That last day in the forest just did it. He NEVER acted like that before, and the next moment...bleh, instant hoe. I didn't know what to think, what to feel anymore. I didn't know what to do about it. And then Hoodie told me about Nurse Anne.

So there I was, curled into a ball and all alone in my bedroom - waiting for someone to tell me what to do, how to act. I felt like something inside me had snapped, like without Masky all my insecurities came racing back.

Goodness knows how long I sat there, sobbing and sobbing. I didn't even bother going to Training anymore, because I just couldn't care. It was just a whole lot of blowing off dummies' heads anyways.

I thought we HAD something, not just a little fling! So first I was crying into a pillow, and then violently every single object in the room out of anger. I stopped though when I heard a knock from the door, and a familiar voice which caused my heart to twist was barely audible.

"Violet? I... Please. I really need to talk to you honey. What happened yesterday had been a bad day for the both of us, and anyway - "

I opened the door with such a force, it went crashing into the wall behind with a SLAM. Masky stood there, dishevelled and desperate at the door. He wasn't wearing his mask surprisingly, so his face clearly revealed his puffy eyes and tear-stained face. Marks etched across his face as if he had been clawing at it, and he bit his lip when our eyes met. At that moment, I didn't care if he was Shia LaBeouf himself - I let the most hate I could be projected into my voice.

"I don't want to see your face. Leave me alone."

His eyes grew wide as he took in what I just said. I've always been loud and sassy, but I have never ever said something so determinedly. He ran a hand through his messy brown hair and I was about to slam the door in his face when he blocked it with his foot.

"Please Violet. Listen to me, for a just a moment - " An image of Nurse Anne danced into my vision. I could just picture her and Masky - cuddling underneath the covers; feeding each other cheesecake; fingers intertwined and watching the sunset; kissing; doing everything him and I did.

"A few days ago, I found out that you aren't a virgin... so can I ask something?" This was it. I inhaled sharply.

 "Did - did you lose your virginity to..." I stopped. It hurt to ask because I trusted Hoodie and I know he wouldn't ever lie to me. He was obviously telling me the truth about his stupid, stupid elder brother and with a slight tug at my gut, I realised it couldn't have happened after our dating had become official. "Nurse Anne?" My emotions got the better of me, and a lump formed in my throat, but I wouldn't allow the tears to fall just yet. I could see the shock registered on his face, and how much he regretted letting me see it.

"I...what?" He stared at me dumfounded. I nodded, forcing myself not to give in to the welling tears which pricked in my eyes. "Stop playing dumb. Did you f*ck her or not?" I just couldn't. I had to stop and think.

"Yes."

That was all he said. He looked down to his shoes in shame and wouldn't meet my eyes and I knew it. I didn't hold it in anymore, silent tears rolled down my cheeks and I didn't care how babyish I sounded.  Suddenly I was overwhelmed with such anger I was finding it hard to breathe.

"For how long have the pair of you been f*cking then? When was the last time?"

"Violet, baby please - "

"ANSWER the question you sh*t . Answer me or get the HELL OUT OF HERE!" Never have I ever been so angry. I knew Nurse Anne wasn't too much of a bad person - that's what Hoodie told me anyway. She hadn't ever been told about me, and vice versa. Every limb in my body was on fire.