Chapter Thirteen

It's a long one guys! Who's excited?! 

Chapter Thirteen

"Zana?" A soft voice asks.

"Eh?" I say rolling over.

"I saw the news, are you okay?" T asks pushing my sleeves up.

"Just drained, and my calves are still slightly hardened, but I got most of it to go away," I say.

I had stopped at the apartment and gotten something to eat before going down to the warehouse district and releasing all of the pent-up energy I was holding. After that I came home and passed out, I needed to sleep.

"Have you eaten?"

"Not dinner, I'm sorry I didn't get it ready," I mumble.

"I think you have a decent excuse," T says pushing me into a sitting position.

"You need to wake up or you won't sleep tonight," T says, and I grumble.

Getting off the couch I do little things to help her in the kitchen without overexerting myself. The world gets a little hazy sometimes, but I manage to stay conscious and upright until dinner is served.

"You are all over the news Zana," T says amused pulling out her old smartphone.

Looking at the headlines on a few news apps she has, a very candid photo of me holding up the bus is the cover and top story for everyone. I read the details and see that my comment on the fact that I always take the bus managed to make its way to the news outlets, but nothing else. As complicated as my relationship is with the police, they never release important details about me to the media.

"Eh," I say handing the phone back.

"You caught the attention of M5," T says and that catches my attention.

"Pardon?"

"My brother called me today inquiring if I knew anything about Aegis. Metallica is leaving their team for personal reasons and they want to find Aegis," T says with a big smirk.

"Are you telling me, your brother, who is almost twice my age, is looking for me to join one of the biggest superhero teams in the world?" I ask dumbfounded.

"Yup, I didn't tell him anything though, I figured you could if you wanted to," T says.

"I'm glad you didn't, I don't plan on leaving, although that is very flattering," I say feeling a little cocky, but I push the sensation away.

"Zana they would put you through school if they found out your age," T says seriously.

"This is my home T, and some of the financial aid packages I am getting we could work with. I don't want to move to New York, I want to stay here," I say seriously.

"I understand," T says, and I see a little spark in her eye.

"You would miss me if I left," I say laughing and T smiles.

"You are the little sister I have always wanted," she says, and I smile.

"Are you going to go visit your dad one more time?" I ask her and she sighs.

"Somebody is picking me up in an hour and I'll be back tomorrow afternoon. I have all hands on deck again, so don't worry. Will you be okay to go to school tomorrow?" T asks me and I sigh.

"I should be, I will probably pass out after dinner," I admit, and T nods.

"I won't disturb you," T says.