Chapter Fifteen

Holy shit this chapter is very long, like over 5k words!!! Enjoy!

Chapter Fifteen

Walking out of school a few weeks later, my head is stuck in the clouds as I think about my strange interactions with Cathleen and Alexander. There is no doubt in my mind at this point that Alexander is Feedback, but would that make Cathleen Invi by default? The problem is that nobody knows if Invi is even male or female. They've always just been this shadowy mass; their figure or face has always been a secret.

"Zana!" A voice yells startling me.

"Greyson?" I ask confused as he darts over towards me.

"There you are," he says not winded.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him confused.

My school's library is closed today while they repair the ceiling tiles, so I need to go to the library about six blocks from here. I believe that the scholarship results should be up today, an email somewhere along the line mentioned today's date and I am itching to get online so that I can see the results.

"My dad insisted on seeing a doctor here in the city, so we made the trip out here. He wants to do dinner with you and Thalia tonight if you wouldn't mind. I tried texting you to ask but all of the texts bounced back for some reason," Greyson says, and I groan.

"I ran out of text's yesterday, I still have like an hour of calling time, so I haven't refilled my phone yet," I say pulling my phone out.

"Do you want to stop and get it refilled?" Greyson asks as we start walking off my school's property.

"It's more cost-effective to just do it all in one shot, could I borrow your phone really quick? I just need to check something, and I don't have internet access," I say.

"A teenager without a smartphone..." he mumbles handing me his phone.

The phone he has is quite large and he puts his thumb on the button and it opens to the home screen. Looking for the internet icon, I finally find it and slowly type in the information I need. Logging into my portal, I see that there is a notification that my financial aid package has been modified. Clicking into it, my heart flutters when I see that I have been awarded the scholarship, but I pull a poker face when I see that it is only for six thousand. I needed the whole scholarship to be able to afford the school. Clicking out of the app, I hand Greyson back his phone.

"Is everything alright?" He asks me and I notice the formality in his voice is gone. Glancing at him I smile and chuckle.

"Everything is fine, it was just an email from a teacher with my homework assignment because she forgot to tell us during class," I say, and he laughs.

"Are you willing to come to dinner?" Greyson asks me and his voice and posture are quite relaxed.

"I don't have any fancy clothes," I say bluntly, and he smiles.

"Neither does my sweatpants loving sister, that's why you and I are going to go shopping," he says with a smirk. He and T have the same smirk.

"That is so true," I reply thinking of how T lives in her sweats at home.

"I don't know anything about her style so I was hoping you could help with that and you can pick out something for yourself while we are at it," Greyson says, and I give him a skeptical look.

"I promise the food will be worth it," he says flashing me a charming smile.

"Fine," I agree reluctantly.