40 // you're definitely something

CHAPTER FORTY
you're definitely something
•••

CHAPTER FORTYyou're definitely something•••

ɴᴏʟᴀɴ ᴍᴜʟʟᴇɴ

"I've been waiting," Oakley said as I pulled up in front of his house.

"I'm sorry I'm late. Everyone suddenly felt like calling me or some shit? I switched it off though."

First Ava called to complain about some short film they had to make. Then Dahlia called about some project she thought would 'suit me better'. Then Keith called—which he rarely ever did—for girl advice which I couldn't give him because I'm still gay.

"You're already learning from me, I see?" he asked as he sat down in the passenger seat.

"Don't get all cocky on me now, Oakley."

"That I learned from you."

"You totally think it's hot though." I smiled smugly as I drove off, but my blush betrayed me.

"That blush makes me think it's the other way around," he said.

"I hate you."

"No, you don't."

"Okay fine. I don't," I said, smiling as I looked intently at the road. And maybe it was the fact that he seemed so much better himself, or maybe it was because I was starting to like him even better now, but either way, I was starting to look forward to this date.

•••

"Holy shit," Oakley said, looking down the wooden stairs leading down to a secluded beach. One that used to be my dad's. He said I could use it whenever I felt like I needed it. Completely inaccessible for the public too.

"Right?" I said, a big grin on my face. God, I hadn't been here in a while. I forgot how awesome it looked. "Haven't been here in like, a year."

"Shit, Nolan," Oakley said, staring at the distance. The way his eyes shone as he looked at the water hitting the rocks. The way the wind blew his dark bouncy curls around. The golden light highlighting his face, complimenting his natural golden glow, made him look like a fucking artwork. It was like a polar fucking opposite from the stressed frown etched on his face just a day ago.

I grabbed his hand and slowly walked down the stairs. Oakley didn't even pay attention to where he stepped, and I could feel how his body lunched forwards, but I was just in time to turn around and steady him.

"God, sorry," he said, a sheepish smile on his face. But we didn't move, though. His smile turned into a smirk in an instant.

"Go ahead, Prince Charming," he said.

"What 'go ahead'?" I asked, a smug smile spreading on my own face.

"Kiss me."