chapter sixty-six! there is always a but! [december 22nd]

The day after the soccer match!

DELILAH / LOUIS/ HARRY/ DOCTOR MINKUS

"Dad!"

"Hey champ, please tell me you've brought vanilla pudding with you, because food here sucks"

"No chocolate pudding?"

"What! A man can't be in a mood for vanilla?"

"Sadly all I've got is caramel"

"We can make it work"

"Hey Lou"

"Hi love"

"Oh come here...I'm also in a mood for a kiss from my very gorgeous husband"

"Hey"

"Hi"

"I love you"

"I love you too"

"Keep the PDA to a minimum please, we are in a hospital after all"

"Asshole"

"Hey! What was that for?!"

"You got me worried sick for the last five hours and I didn't know what was going to happen to you or when I was gonna see you again...while the last thing you told me was "Oioi my arse is on fire""

"Mr. Tomlinson, I...oh...I'm sorry If I'm interrupting, I can come back later-"

"Nonsense doc, come on in"

"Glad to see that you are doing well Mr.Tomlinson"

"That's Mr. Styles-Tomlinson to you"

"My apologies sir"

"How couldn't I...I've got my family here, I would be better if the twins were also here, but I'm not complaining"

"Well we will try and get this done, so you can get back home to the babies as soon as possible"

"Tell me doc, what are we looking at?"

"I'm not going to lie to you, this was pretty bad blow for your knee, especially since by these papers, it wasn't the first time this had happened...you've been admitted in the hospital on the same accounts back in 2015?"

"Yes doctor, he has"

"Haz-"

"Delilah told me...we'll talk about it later, I promise you I'm not mad"

"You know Mr. Styles-Tomlinson...I've watches that game back live in 2015 and I was on my break trying to follow through with today's match. You can say I'm quite of a Manchester united fan. I've also seen you fall down both times and every time I was stunned by how fast you got back up...You seem to be invincible...I have to say, you were lucky last time, just like you are now...you've managed to avoid major injuries...but,..."

"There is always a but"

"There is no easy way to say this, but...you are getting older Mr. Styles-Tomlinson, you are not the same energetic twenty-four year old man Manchester united and it's fans fell in love with, you were lucky the first time, just like you were this time, but who says the third time will be the same...you did get away, but that doesn't mean that the mark wasn't left behind. As a doctor and professional in my field for over thirty years, placing pressure on the same wound, forcing yourself the way you did before, is something I wouldn't recommend. However, I can't stop you or make this decision for you, I can only tell you from the medical perspective what's your best option...the rest is truly up to you"