chapter twenty-one! teenage dirtbag! [september 2nd/3rd]

(inbetween chapter eighteen & nineteen!)

noarae has posted an instagram story!

|||brodiemalik✅:could you possibly meet me in the next hour?

|
|
|
brodiemalik:
could you possibly meet me in the next hour?
...

"So...this is about her?"Noa asks as she turns to face Brodie who was sitting next to her on one of the benches in the park that came with the private apartment complexes. It was the first time she dared to look at Brodie since he came to her door step and asked her out for a walk in the same park. Her voice wasn't week or insecure...sure, there was a hint of sadness, but she spoke so softly and confidently...as if she was ready for this conversation, as if she knew that this was going to happen.

"What?"Brodie was caught off guard by the girls question, he tilted his head a bit, observing the strawberry blonde as if he was trying to come up with the best way to approach the coming topic.

"Brodie...we've been friends for long enough, I know a thing or two...just like I know that there is somebody else on your mind as we are having this conversation"Noa looked at the boy giving him a light smile as she took a deep breath. She looked down at their hands that were next to each other spread across the bench and decided to take his, squeezing it lightly before continuing on.

"I...I am so sorry Noa"

Brodie spoke softly looking at their intertwined hands, before looking up at the girl, a weak smile and glowing eyes could be seen. He felt horrible that he was doing this to Noa....Noa, his dear friend of five years...same Noa who stood by his side when all hell broke loose three months ago. Brodie truly thought that when him and the strawberry blonde started dating that they would work...that he could love her like that, but no...deep down he knew, he knew that he could never love Noa like he loves her...his Delilah.

"I know you are Brodie...but I could never wish for you to be with me when your heart is clearly set on another"Noa sighs, letting go off his hand and looking straight in front of her, attention focused on the lake and the beautiful swans that were there.

"Thank you for understanding...I truly don't deserve you"Brodie smiles weakly, not knowing what to do or how to make things better. Sure he wasn't in love with her, but that didn't mean that he didn't care about her...she was his friend above all and breaking up with her, on a park bench, half an hour before he had to be at the airport wasn't exactly one of his greatest moves. He felt like the biggest asshole to graze this earth...or at least this park.

"Maybe you don't, but as I said, we were friends long before we started dating and I just want what's best for you...and as much as I wish it went differently, for you, It was always going to be her"