La Loba

Skye's P.O.V

I woke back in that cell after passing out from all the mistletoe. It's still hurt to breathe which only made me cough, making it worse. I felt so weak as I looked down at my bracelet. I can only imagine how Mara must feel, right now. 

"I'm sorry, Mara," I muttered. 

I sat up, looking around the cell. Until I looked to the gate, realizing it was open. I start to get up, wheezing. 

"Scott?" I said, but I didn't hear anything. I don't know if I'm too weak or that Kate is wearing a crystal. I couldn't hear her in the loft, but I would be able to hear Scott. 

I was trying to find a way out and look for Scott. I wasn't being quiet because of coughing. I still kept going, but it was dark. I used a bit of my light to guide my way. Then, I felt something behind, but I shined my light, there was nothing there. I started to quicken my pace. When I stop to see a Berserker on the staircase. 

I turn to run, but there was one Berserker right behind me. I scream, but it grabs me, throwing me against the wall several times. I hold its arm, draining its energy. It grabs me by the throat, pinning me against the other wall. I touch its arm again, draining again. 

Then, I looked to the Berserker's arm and saw the same tattoo Scott has. I looked into the Berserker's eyes, and it was him, Scott. 

"Scott?" I said, but he slams against the wall again. I fall to the floor. He starts dragging me to the middle of the room as I groan in pain. I can't hear his thoughts. It's like he doesn't have any. 

"Scott, it's me," I said, pleading with him. Then, there was a growl, Kate. Kate walks into the cave. I sit up, getting into another coughing fit. I spit up blood. 

"You don't look so good," Kate said. Then, she notices Scott's tattoo. 

"I have to do a better job at covering that up," Kate said. 

"What the hell do you do to him?" I asked Kate, wiping my mouth. 

"How? That's... That's the better story. You see, when I first got away from the Calaveras, I had no idea where to go. But something kept pulling me here, to the temple of Tezcatlipoca. His name means "smoking mirror" and this place is a temple of the smoking mirror. Obsidian. When I got here, I found the Berserkers waiting for me. They helped me survive. I didn't know quite why until just recently," Kate explains, walking around me. "Until I decided to trust someone I never thought I'd trust," Kate points out. 

"Peter," I said, angry. "No one would be too stupid enough to work with you. Peter's monster, just like you," I said, and Kate slaps me. Then, She grabs my face.

"It was then that I found out I could not only control the Berserkers, but I could create them. They call me La Loba. "The Bone Woman." We let you out because I needed to test his loyalty. Did you know that Scott became an Alpha without having to kill anyone? He's been through quite a lot without ever having to kill. I think it's time to change that," Kate said, giving Scott an order. 

"Kate, don't," I said, looking at her. Then, Scott pulls out his blade, walking towards me. 

"No, Scott. No, Scott, no," I said, crawling back. He was about to strike, but I put a shield around me as I glow my eyes. He hits it against the shield, trying to break it. 

"Scott, please. This isn't who you are. Scott," I said, trying to reach his mind, but there was nothing there to reach. 

"Please, Scott. I love you," I pleaded as Kate chuckles. 

"Aw, how cute," Kate said, growling at Scott. Scott hit the shield even hard and I couldn't hold it anymore. He breaks the shield and I fell back, completely drained.