Infected

Skye's P.O.V

"After entering the IP address, you will be connected through a Darknet portal to an untraceable bank. Once logged in, enter your account number to receive wire transfers. The IP address will deactivate with each transfer. You will be assigned a new IP address if you choose to continue down the list. Remember, visual confirmation is always required for payment," the tape recording said. 

"You ever made a wire transfer?" Stiles asked us, and I shook my head. 

"Never had enough money," Scott said. 

"So you didn't understand a word of that either?" Stiles asked. 

"I don't understand any of this. Why would someone use all this money just to kill us?" Scott asked. 

"Someone wants you dead, dude. Badly. Especially my sister. 5 million dollars more than you," Stiles said, looking at me. Scott starts putting the money away. 

"Whoa, whoa, what are you doing?" Stiles asked Scott. 

"It's late. We've got the PSATs in the morning," Scott told him. 

"No, I meant the money

"No, I meant the money. $500,000 dollars. Do you know how much money that is?" Stiles asked. 

"It's 500,000..." Scott said, but Stiles interrupts him. 

"It's half a million dollars. Scott. What are you going to do, just slide it under your mattress?" Stiles asked. 

"I have to talk to Derek. The money's his," Scott said. 

"You mean his and Peter's," Stiles pointed. 

"What does that mean?" Scott ask. 

"It means maybe we should proceed with caution," Stiles told him.  

"You don't think we should tell Derek?" Scott asked. 

"No. No," Stiles said with a sigh. He stands up. 

"No, of course we have to tell him. I'm just... I'm just saying, some of that money's Peter's, right?" Stiles asked. 

"Yeah," Scott answered.

"Right? Peter. Homicidal killer? Remember? You want to give $500,000 to him," Stiles said. 

"So we should give Derek his money back. But not Peter?" Scott questioned. 

"I didn't say that," Stiles said. 

"Stiles, what are you saying?" Scott asked him. There was a small silence.

"You can't blame him say what you were thinking," I whispered to Scott. Then, I heard someone coming.