The Oni

Skye's P.O.V

Allison, Hunter, Scott and I went back to Allison's apartment after I dropped of Kira at her house. It's where we found Allison's father hurt. We were talking about the shadow men that had come after them. Argent had experienced something like this in his past. 

Argent was sitting in his desk chair in his office. Scott and I were sitting in the two chairs in front of the desk. Hunter was standing

"His eyes were glowing," Scott said to Argent. 

"There was something almost ritualistic about it. Like it was looking right into his soul," Argent explained from his memory. 

"That's the same thing it did to me," Hunter said looking at Argent. 

"That's what it did to everyone," Allison said patching her father up. There was cut up his eyebrow. 

"Not everyone. They only came after the werewolves," Scott said. 

"And Mara," I said. 

"And Lydia," Allison also said. 

"Anyone with a connection to the supernatural," Argent interjected. 

"Then who was the guy they went after in Japan?" Hunter asked. 

"A Kumicho. A Yakuza boss. It was my first gun deal. I was only 18 and it was supposed to be a simple exchange. Except Gerard left out the minor detail of the buyers being Yakuza. He wanted to see if I could adapt in the moment. Testing my ability to improvise," Argent explained. 

"Or your ability to survive," Allison said still patching up her dad. 

"The moment the sun went down it was like they just materialized out of the shadows. They had swords, not curved like katanas but straight, black steel. Like ninjatos," Argent explained. 

"What did they want?" Scott asked. 

"To get to the Kumicho. They cut down every living thing in their way," Argent said. 

"Did they mark him like they did us?" Hunter asked Argent feeling the mark they left. 

"Not exactly," Argent said meaning they killed him. 

"What was he?" I asked him. 

"I don't know. But there might be someone who does. There were a few others who survived that night. One of them was a man named Katashi... They called him Silverfinger because of an unusual prosthetic. And it looked like he was getting ready to take them all on himself. I've known for a while Katashi was in the country. I spent yesterday tracking him down," Argent continued to explain. 

"Didn't look like he wanted to be found," Hunter said pointing at Argent wounds. 

"Not particularly, no," Argent said. 

"You think he knows what they are? Or what they want?" Scott asked. 

"Maybe," Argent answered. 

"What if he doesn't want to talk?" Allison asked finishing patching him up. 

"What if he doesn't even remember you?" Hunter asked. 

"He'll remember this," Argent said turning a box and opening it in front of us. It was a shattered mask exactly like the ones that attack us.

"I know I didn't kill it. I'm not sure you can. But I slowed it down long enough for us to get out of there," Argent explained. 

"What was behind the mask?" Scott asked picking up one of the pieces.