The Rich and Powerful Occupy the Magpie Nest 1.11

Start from the beginning

“He’s not wrong.” Wei Zhennan supported, “He is a part of the Wei family now. He has no longer has anything to do with the Qi family.”

“What? A part of the Wei family?” Mr. Qi asked as doubt spread across his face. He was too surprised at the sight of Qiao Chen earlier, so he hadn’t heard the part Wei Zhennan said about them being married.

“We’ve already gotten married. So of course he is a part of the Wei family. Do you want me to show you the marriage certificate?” Wei Zhennan offered. He was quite proud of it, so he honestly wanted to just show off their marriage certificate whenever he could.

“You’re married? But you’re both men! How can you do something so immoral?” Mr. Qi denounced. He couldn’t believe what he just heard. Then he gave Qiao Chen a look of criticism and condemnation.

Qi Yuxuan hadn’t spoken a word as he stood beside Mr. Qi. He watched the couple and saw the two hold hands- as well as the matching rings on their fingers. Jealousy and resentment flooded his very soul.

“This is our own business. If Mr. Qi has a problem with it, then I will ask you to leave and never look for us again.” Wei Zhennan defended his beloved. He was very unhappy with Mr. Qi’s reproach.

Mr. Qi was immediately at a loss. He wanted to lecture Qiao Chen because of his gay marriage, but he felt Wei Zhennan’s anger. He came here today because he wanted to ask Wei Zhennan to save his company. If Wei Zhennan wouldn’t step in and lend a hand, then his company would fall into ruin.

“Father, since ‘Beichen’ and Director Wei are married, then that means that the Qi family is considered relatives. For Beichen’s reputation, Director Wei should help us anyways.” Qi Yuxuan interjected. He reminded his father that he could take advantage of Qiao Chen and Wei Zhennan’s relationship to restore the company.

Mr. Qi composed himself and said, “Director Wei, you see… Since we are family now… The matter with our company, will you…”

Qiao Chen was impressed by Mr. Qi and Qi Yuxuan’s quick mood change. They really had such nerve.

“I am me. The Qi family is the Qi family. I’m only going to say it one last time: I have nothing to do with the Qi family. The Qi family matters have nothing to with me. I will not help you. Wei Zhennan won’t help you either. Please leave.” Qiao Chen said to Mr. Qi and Qi Yuxuan. Finally, he invited them to leave.

“How can you say that, Beichen? Regardless of what you say, you are still father’s son. You have the obligation to help the Qi family in times of need.” Qi Yuxuan argued.

“Who are you to say this? It was you, not me, who was raised in the Qi household for over 20 years. Furthermore, why don’t you tell me this? When you were younger, you knew already knew you weren’t the Qi family’s biological son. Why did you keep it a secret?” Qiao Chen stared Qi Yuxuan down as he replied.

Qi Yuxuan glanced at his father, lowered his head, and stopped talking.

Mr. Qi had no better option. He had to pull out all the stops and said, “Beichen, even though I didn’t raise you, you still wouldn’t be alive without me. You would even exist if it weren’t for me. Be a man. Know how to be grateful, because the greatest gift I’ve given you is life.”

“You have neither raised nor conceived me. You were more like a sperm donor, and I have to be grateful for that?” Qiao Chen said, “Even if I am alive because of your little contribution, what happened when I was abducted by those kidnappers? You chose to save Qi Yuxuan, so my life was returned to you. It was you yourself who gave up my life.”