I was going through my closet looking for my BGU Swimming hoodie when I heard a knock on my bedroom door. "Come in," O'Connor. "What's up?"

"A visitor is waiting for you downstairs," O'Connor says and I raise my eyebrows at him. "Don't worry, it's not your dad."

"Then who is it?" I ask him.

"You'll see, just come downstairs," O'Connor says and he must've noticed that it made me uneasy not knowing who it was. "I promise it's nothing bad, I think you'll be quite pleased to see her."

As I walked out of my room and down the stairs of the house, I thought about all of the possible females that could be waiting for me downstairs until I saw her standing by the front door. I could've never guessed.

"Lexi?" It had been two years, two long years. She was different, but a good kind of different. Her brunette hair used to sit right below her elbows. Now it sat just above her shoulders. Her hazel eyes, just as beautiful but they were different. She was happy.

"Do you have time to catch up with an old friend?" She smiles. I just ran up to her and engulfed her in a hug. She laughed. "It's been way too long Matthew Connery."

"How?" It was all I could get out at the moment. "Don't get me wrong, I love that you're here but how? Aren't you supposed to be in med school?" 

Lexi lets out a small laugh. "I am, but I had something to take care of. And since I was already here, I thought I would stop by and catch up with my old friends."

I smile. "I'm glad you stopped by, we all miss you." 

In the back of my mind, I couldn't help but wonder what was it that she needed to take care of. She has nothing to do here, no unfinished business, I made sure of that. I hope Maddox had nothing to do with it because if he did, he and I would be having an unpleasant conversation. "I know, I miss you guys too. Chicago is great, but it will never compare to the time I spent here at Bowling."

"You're just saying that to make us feel better," I joke. "You know you love it there, I can see it. You're happy."

Lexi smiles. "I am, after all this time, I can finally say that I am."

"Then that's all that matters, you deserve to be happy."

"Yeah, I do don't I?" Lexi half-smiles. "I was hoping I could maybe steal you for a few hours if that's okay."

Fuck. If only I had packed when Ev told me to. "We're flying at two for the first matchup of the playoffs and I still have to pack."

I was going to tell Lexi to give me a few minutes but O'Connor chimed in. "Bro, go ahead. I'll pack for you and take your stuff with me to the airport. Lexi can drop you off, that way you'll have more time to catch up."

"Thank you, bro, I owe you one." O'Connor nods.

"I will let you know in advance that I'll be cashing in your favor when we're in Arizona," O'Connor says making Lexi laugh.

Lexi and I walked out of the house to her car and once I spotted the blue Shelby GT350R-C Mustang, I instantly thought of Fai. It was the same car, spot on. How did she find the same one? "I found it in Chicago in a small dealer shop, it was black but I had it repainted."

"It looks exactly like Fai's," I say as I get in the car.

"It does, I never got to take anything back with me to Chicago. The only thing I carry with me is his cross necklace. So when I saw it, I knew I had to get it. Every time I get in and drive, I feel like he's sitting right next to me in the passenger's seat."