10

It had somehow been the 3 months since the last time I saw my parents and the rules, since Shu & I started dating. Summer was practically over, yet Shu still seemed to have one more 'Summer Date' in mind.

He asked me to wear matching outfits again, yet this one seemed different from the last. They seemed like, actual matching outfits which made me scared. What was he going to do?

I worried, yet went to shower & put the outfit on nonetheless.

I finally figured out how to get around the dorms to get to Shu's office, rushing in there. "(Name)! You look gorgeous. You always do but-" I cut him off, laughing

"Thanks, Kurenai. Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

I raise an eyebrow, questioning his intentions but follow him anyways. My phone begins to ring, my parents are calling and requesting a video. I tap Shu's shoulder, meanwhile he looks at me confused. I point to the call, "(Name). I'll be right here. You can do this."

I answer the call, waving to my parents. "Hi, Mom. Hi, Dad. How's the 3 months been treating ya?"

They deadpan, noticing I wasn't taking this seriously.

"(Name), you know why we asked for video this time right?" I give a nod, biting my cheek.

"So, is he making you happy?" I nod again, unsure where this comes from.

"Then that settles it. If you're happy, we'll take down the rule and you won't have to pick from the Refused to Listen list. We just want you to be happy, (Name)." I start crying at my Dad's confession, knowing they both feel as such as. They hung up after.

"Moonflower, please don't cry. I don't like to see my baby cry."

"I'm sorry, I'm just, so happy. I didn't expect that to happen at all. I expected them to disapprove, yet they seemed to be happy. It just means a lot." He nods to respond, insisting to let me do a piggyback ride again.

"Kurenai, I don't know if you know this but.."

"But?"

"I might fall asleep again, I get sleepy when I cry."

"Okay, don't worry about it. I'll wake you up when we get there." He states, I nod and rest my head on his shoulder.

-

"(Name), (Name), (Name)!"

"Hi..?"

"We're here! Come on." He rushes me out the car, as an attempt to wake me up.

"Where are we?"

"You'll see!"

While rushing, I take note of a small picnic again. This wasn't what I thought it'd be, right?

"Shu... there's no way you, you didn't right?" I stammer, he gives me a wide smile.

"KURENAI!" I shout, refusing to believe he did this again.

"(Name), shhhh! We came here in secret!" He reminds me, to which I nod and stop. Sitting down, he puts his hand on top of mine. I proceed to start speaking.

"Kurenai, I know it's only been around 4, 5 months since we met yet you're the best thing that's happened to me. When I first heard you speak, to the moment I saw you smile.. everything about you always drew me in. So when you confessed, I really had no idea on what to do. Like, you had actually liked me? It was, shocking. I didn't believe it, and even now I still don't. Everything about you seems like a dream."

His face holds an extremely large grin, unable to contain his joy. He then starts on his own piece.

"(Name), when we met back in the dojo, I hadn't paid you much thought. Looking bad, that was silly of me actually. When you had spoke to me, I was shocked to say the least. I didn't think you even wanted to be in the same room as me."

He laughs after, "It's kind of funny, actually. When I gave you my number, it was because I wanted to see what you would do. It intrigued me, when you came over and I hypothetical asked if I could kiss you. Despite the fact I mentioned it was hypothetical, you still thought it out and very well at that. Looking back, I have no idea how I didn't realize you were being serious. And Free, my goodness. That entire situation was a lot, I was so jealous Free was near you and I wasn't. I figured I had no reason to be though, as I wasn't yours and you weren't mine. Yet, when you told me you were cold and lost in Spain, I couldn't help myself and flew over."

He looks at me, noticing I'm crying again. He puts his thumb to my cheek, wiping away my tears and continuing.

"The flight from Spain, our first date. When I told you I had it planned out all week, I was serious. I wasn't sure what to do. I couldn't figure anything out. I saw an article online about chocolate and strawberries, which I just went for. The confession that date, I just think that was one of the best days in my life."

I cry ever harder.

"Moonflower, please don't cry! I'm sorry."

"Warn me before going all sappy like that! I wasn't ready!" I sob, his thumb is still attempting to wipe away my tears.

"You know, I had never learned the origin of Moonflower. Yet, I concluded what it would be to me. I'm the Sun, you're the Moon. Polar opposites, yet still the same in sorts. We're loved the same, different people will notice our flaws and stick with both of us. It's like, the Moon can't function without the Sun. And that's how I feel about us, of course we can function on our own but; we're so much more powerful together."

He continues, smiling at you: "And for the flower part, you are a flower. You bloom when you less expect it. Everything about you makes people want to stare, wanting you for themselves. In this case, I'd be a bee right now. Taking in everything about you, spreading how perfect you are to everyone else to see."

"I like you a lot, do you know that?"

"I like you a lot more, do you know that princess?"

I nod, he smiles.

"And (Name), I'm making this promise to you now."

"One day, that Ibuki will be Kurenai."

-

hi! this is officially the last chapter of the book. i've spent all day writing this, i literally skipped dinner (its almost 3am as i'm writing rhis) just to finish so i hope the ending is good enough ;__;.

firstly, i want to thank every single one of you for reading this book and sticking with me despite the amount of times i'd change it, knowing i had no plot line till i got to the end.. it just means a lot. i can't believe that this has more than 1 view, actually. i'm so grateful for every view, comment, vote, everything. i had no idea people would like this at all, maybe i would've written it better.

and i'm not sure when you'll read this but, since the book is completed now: should i just do specials? i'm asking because shu's birthday is in 3 days and i'm not sure if i should write a special for his birthday...