O7

It's been a week since the date with Shu, yet I still hadn't given him any answer. Before the flight back, Free gave Shu Kris' number (which she intended to give to me herself, yet I fell asleep before Kris could do so). I figured my best hope would be to contact her, yet the number was with Shu and not me. So, that meant one thing.

"(Name)! Come on."

"Where are we going? You know, I'm a very bus-"

"(Name), watching Shu's battles all day isn't being busy!" Ukyo shouts back, where as I sigh in defeat. I run down the stairs, assuming that was where he was. Even though I wouldn't admit it outloud, he would be my only hope as to what to do. Besides him, Xander was the only other person I could ask. Which, would be really awkward for the both of us.

Rushing down the stairs even faster, I make a swift turn to my left and realize he's in the kitchen. Rushing in, almost falling on the hardwood floor.

"Ukyo, I'm going need you to think for a second."

"Too much work, I'm good."

"Listen, this is important."

"It's about that little Kurenai boy, isn't it?" He asks, turning to me. A ridiculously big grin forms on my face before I nod.

"And this is about the new rule, isn't it?" I nod again, unsure of how he figured out already. Was I really that obvious or was Ukyo a good guesser? I had to know which it was.

"You see, last week. Shu and I confessed to each other." He raised his eyebrow, as to say "What's the problem then?", "I'm getting there! Afterwards, he asked what this makes us. That's the thing! I don't know! The rules are making me feel, uneasy! If I were to tell him, he would get in trouble for knowing and so would I. If I weren't to tell him, he would get in trouble because I was aware yet he wasn't. I don't know what to do!"

Ukyo sighs at the acknowledgement of mine, thinking for a bit. Awkward silence surrounded us, while I thought for a bit on my own. "(Name). I'm going need you to listen, this time." I question this statement for a second, yet assume he would give good advice.

"You're going to tell him about the rules. There's no other way around it. Go look over at the board and pick one in advance." He commands, which starts to make more sense the more I think about it. If I tell Shu, he'd hopefully get in less trouble as I'd take whatever it had to be from the Refused to Listen list.

Looking at the board, the easiest one seemed to be not listening to any music from (Favorite Artist) for 3 months. Deciding that was the one, I look over at Ukyo, "Thanks. I probably would still be, clueless if you didn't help."

"Yeah, you would."

"You just can't help yourself? Not even for a moment?"

"Nah." He laughs but I'm aware he appreciates it. I tell him I'm rushing over to Shu's, he nods and tells me he'll make dinner.

-

"Open up!"

"I'm innocent!" He sobs out.

I suddenly feel very bad, "Shu! It's just me!"

He opens the door, looking at me wide eyed. "Sorry, was open up the wrong idea? My bad, Kurenai." He pulls me into a hug, yet again. "(Name), you worried me."