Chapter 45

You had walked back to the common room. Dinner was about to start and Hermione was walking with you.

She looked at your eye.

"What happened?" She asked, looking at you.

"Well." You say, entering the Great Hall. "Crabbe and Goyle bothered me on the way to Harry and Ron's detention. Pushed me and stuff." You looked down at the floor and chuckled at your pathetic self. "I'm sure they're really proud of themselves. They made a Gryffindor cry."

Hermione sits next to you, giving you a hug and rubbing your back. Hermione looked behind you and whispered, "I think Malfoy heard you." You turned around and saw Malfoy standing, looking at you with his mouth open. He notices you've seen him and walks out of the Great Hall, shaking his head. You watch him, confused.

"That was weird." Hermione says. You just nod, picking at your food. Harry, Ron, and Ginny walk in.

Harry and Ron sit down, watching you. You feel their eyes on you but don't show any signs of knowledge. Finally, Harry speaks up.

"Y/n?" He asks. You don't look up.

"What?" You ask.

"What happened?" He returns.

You look up at him, and they all see your black eye. They all gasp, or make a small sound of shock.

"Blimey, y/n, what happened?" Ron asked, not bothering to shut his wide open mouth.

"Crabbe and Goyle." You mumbled inaudibly.

"What?" Harry asks.

"Crabbe and Goyle!" You say louder. Harry curses and looks away.

"Damn, y/n. I'm sorry." Ron says.

You just nod, not wanting their pity.

You and Hermione had agreed that after dinner you would take a walk down to the courtyard. You both had a bunch to get off your chests. You had to walk past the dungeons in order to reach the courtyard.

As you neared to door to the Slytherin common room, you saw it swing open. Walking through were Crabbe and Goyle. Except, Crabbe was limping and had a huge bruise on his cheek and a cut on his leg. Goyle was rubbing the back of his head and had two bruises on his arm and one on his leg.

You watched in shock as they mumbled, "Why does he always need to get so defensive? Draco's gone mad, I'm telling ya." They turned the opposite way and walked down the hall as you stood next to your bushy haired friend in shock.

She grins at you. "I think he likes you."

***

You and Hermione walked to the courtyard, discussing what you'd just witnessed.

"You think he beat them up?" You ask Hermione. "Like, for me?"

She chuckles, nodding. "Yes, I'm almost sure of it."

The two of you sit against a big tree. "Wow..." You say. "Just... wow."