Chapter 9

You woke up the next morning- the day of the Christmas Ball. Although you were sad about Malfoy, you were still gonna have fun at the ball.

You and Hermione got ready for breakfast. Dumbledore had told you all the day before, that you would have classes from breakfast to lunch, and then you would have the rest of the day to get ready for the ball. The ball was at 5.

Your first class of the day was Potions. Unfortunately, you had Draco in that class. Your plan was to just ignore him.

You walked in with Ron, because you two had that class together. The two of you sat in the middle of the classroom. Malfoy always sat in the back, so you made sure you weren't close. Snape began the class.

"Hello, class." He drawled. "Today, we will be learning about Felix Felicis."

Ron rolled his eyes, mocking Snape's voice. "Felix Felicus." You giggle, because Ron sounded so similar to Snape.

Snape's head whipped around at the sound of your laugh. "Something funny, L/n?" He asked.

You shook your head, still giggling a little bit. "No, sir." Snape turned back around, but by now, you felt eyes on the back of your head. Ron turned to you. "Oops." He said, then his eyes flicked behind your back. "Looks like Malfoy's got a bit of a staring problem."

You looked at the floor. "He shouldn't. We haven't talked since-" You stopped. "Oh, I haven't told you have I?" Ron shook his head. You then go into an explanation about everything that happened between you and Malfoy.

By the end, Ron's mouth was wide open. "Bloody hell!" He said. "Malfoy's a right git, you know that?"

Snape turns around again and shouts, "Did I not say to stop? Ten points from Gryffindor. Each. Y/n, move to the back."

Uh oh. The back. That's where Draco and his posse sits.

"Please sir, let me sit somewhe-"

"Now!"

You sigh. Getting up, you grab your stuff. The whole class watches you as you head grudgingly to the back. The only seat open was next to Malfoy. You sit, not looking at him once. You drop your stuff and turn your head away from him, so you can still see Snape but not Malfoy.

Snape starts talking again. You can feel Malfoy's eyes on you, but you ignore him. After about 5 minutes of uncomfortable silence between the 2 of you, Draco speaks up.

"Y/n, listen-" You cut him off.

"Leave me alone." You say, angrily. "Never talk to me again."

"Y/n, please listen I didn't-"

"Stop." You say. He quiets, looking at the floor.

Potions after that was awkward. Snape taught at the front and neither you or Draco said a word. Ron kept looking back at you in concern, but you ignored it. Finally, class was over. You got up as fast as you could. You walked over to Ron with your stuff in your hand, waiting for him to get ready.

"How was it?" He asked, grabbing the last of his stuff.

"I ignored him. He kept trying to make conversation, but I cut him off. I don't want to hear what he has to say." Ron agrees.

The two of you walk out of Potions together.

The next class was Defense Against the Dark Arts. A class you had with Harry and Ginny.

You bid Ron goodbye and walk to Defense Against the Dark Arts. This was one of your favorite classes, because not only did you get to sit next to Harry in that class, but Lupin taught it.

You walk in, and Harry was already sitting there. You sat next to him.

"Hey, Harry." You say.

He smiles at you. "How was Potions?" He asks. He knew you had Draco in that class.

"Could've been better. Snape moved me away from Ron to sit in the back. So naturally, the only open seat was next to Draco. I just ignored him, though."

Harry laughs. "He deserves it."

"Hey y/n, hey Harry." Ginny says from in front of you two. You say hello and Harry smiles at her. Ginny's cheeks turn a bit pink as she smiles back at Harry. Harry chuckles.

"Hello, class! Hello!" The class says hello to Professor Lupin. "Are you all excited for the ball? I must say I was never a dancer, but I do enjoy the Egg Nog."

The class begins a large discussion on the ball. Lupin was a cool teacher. He knew when to teach and when to joke.

The whole class you just talked about the ball. After that was lunch. And then, there would be the ball.