Chapter 36

You felt like crap as you walked to bed and fell asleep the night before. Hermione noticed the bags under your eyes the next morning. She asked how it went with Fred and George.

"I dunno." You shrugged. "They helped. Harry walked in though, figured out it was about Ginny. Told me this is how he feels when I talk to Malfoy."

Hermione sighs sympathetically. "You're in a tough spot, girl." You nod, getting ready for school.

You walked with Hermione to the Great Hall. Ron, Neville, and Harry were engulfed in a loud chat about Quidditch.

"When does practice start?" Ron asks Harry.

"Later today. Our first game is next week."

"Wow," Neville says in amazement. "I've never been able to play Quidditch. I wish I could." Harry smiles at Neville before turning back to his food. He sees you two and nods. You smile at him awkwardly.

You sit, pulling a plate in front of you.

"So Harry, I heard you had Quidditch later." Hermione said trying to make conversation.

"Yeah. From 2 to 7."

Hermione nods, taking a bite of her food.

Breakfast comes to a slow, boring end and you, Hermione, and Ron walk to Herbology. You sit next to Ron as usual, and Hermione sits up front.

"Y/n?" Ron asks, looking at you.

"Hm?" You ask.

"Harry's really conflicted right now. He asked me not to tell you, but I think I should. He feels like you only kiss him to distract yourself from Draco and it makes him really upset. I never see Harry cry, yet last night..."

You look up at Ron, feeling your heart break. You were so torn in between the two.

You sigh, upset. "I know, I know... I don't know what to do. I really like Harry... he's sweet, and nice to me, and completely adorable... but Draco makes me feel so alive."

Ron watches you rant, nodding.

"-And I hate that Harry feels that way, because I don't know what to do. Kissing Harry gives me butterflies but every time I see Draco I feel nervous."

Ron watches you, trying to decide what to say. "I think you should make a decision. Soon. My little sister has been flirting with my best friend, which I can't say I'm enjoying. If you ask me, I want him to end up with you. I see the way you two look at each other."

You sigh, looking down at your feet. You had tutoring with Draco on Friday. Maybe you could hang out with Harry today? No, that won't work. He has Quidditch.

"Thanks, Ron. I hope he ends up with me too."