Shourjo's review

Title: Burn

Author- fortune_Mitch

Grammar- I spotted very few grammatical errors so you don't need to focus on grammar as you have got it covered well enough. Punctuations were aptly put and the sentences were professionally crafted.

One mistake is repeated and I feel the need to point it out. You need to put a comma at the end of a dialogue before closing the quotes if it's followed by a dialogue tag or put a full stop; you can't close the quotes without any punctuations mark.

And also, the text message might just be italicised and separated out in a paragraph. Asterisks seem too informal.

Plot- The themes explored in this book are so realistic. I'm repeat the word 'realistic' throughout this review as if any word can describe the story at its best, it's 'realistic'. Well except for the one part where the protagonist erupted the car in flames, every other detail you have so far out out has been realistic. It's fascinating to see her fight with the world, try to survive with her autistic father and her best friend help her. The consequences she faces because of her scar touch at the heart and it's so sad to see her face them. In the first six chapters (including prologue), you've successfully managed to keep the reader's attention and though the plot is not so clear, the reader will feel the need to find out more about it!

Writing Style- A very literal and touchy writing style which instantly connected with me. You succeeded in evoking the emotions and making me feel for the story. The dialogues were another shining point. They were so realistic. It's very nicely and professionally written and this writing style is the kind I search for in books.

Suggestion: You don't need to separate the paragraphs if it's a single interlocutor who's speaking in two consecutive paragraphs.

Descriptions- Detailed descriptions which give realism to the story and the scenes are vivid. You know how to give feelings by words and it worked wonderfully. The character interactions are so amazing and the defects you bring out in the protagonist and her dad is so beautifully depicted. Also, the subtle body languages and things that we tend to ignore (e.g sneezing) were also included which made it even more realistic. The character descriptions were another outstanding feature. Really incredibly written to the point the images roll in front of my eyes.

The only suggestion I have here is, try transitioning scenes with more descriptions and a bit slowly as at some parts it was done very abruptly and it took some time for me to understand that the character was in a different place.

Final thoughts:

In spite of being marked as Fan Fiction, I had no trouble getting into the story because of it's wonderful narration, though I have no idea about the fandom. This book is definitely worth a read as it's written so well. Definitely one of the better books here on Wattpad.