Questint's review

Username: Crystal_0808

Book title: One fated night.

Genre: Fantasy/supernatural

BOOK COVER:

I like the image you have chosen and the mood of the cover does fit well to the themes of the book. But I do think the placement of the title could be a little better. Instead of spreading the title throughout the cover, maybe you could just push it to the bottom, middle or top? This way the image will not be swallowed up by the font. And also the author's name is pretty hard to read against the background. I suggest increasing it contrast as well.

There are lot of wonderful graphic artists on Wattpad. I'm sure you'll be able to find a good one. But if you do want to make them yourself, there are graphic schools on Wattpad that teach you how you can make them better. (I understand how hard this is, I struggle with covers too)

BLURB:

I think your blurb is good. It's mysterious and creates a lot of intrigue. If I had come across this by accident, I'd definitely want to know more.

But I do have a suggestion though.

On Wattpad, books about vampires generally do exceptionally well. I think you can reach a wider audience and get more views if you make it clear in the blurb that it is about vampires. I know it's sort a suspense reveal in the middle of the book but it's not that surprising and readers do see it coming. So I think if you state in your blurb, you'll get a lot more reads coz a lot of people check out vampire/werewolf books. It's kinda like a marketing strategy.

PLOT:

Okay with regards to plot I break it down to multiple sections. I'll explain each one down below:

Premise:

Your premise was very clear. A girl raised in captivity to become a vampire's mate. I can totally see this being popular. I think you can really generate a lot of interest.

Pacing:

The pacing of the initial chapters felt way too rushed. You just brushed past her whole life in a matter of two chapters. I'll be detailing this here and also talk about this a little more on writing style. This is something that affects both aspects of your book.

Okay now to focus on the pacing, let's start with chapter one and explore what all ideas you put forth.

1. Introduction of MC
2. We come to know something traumatic happened to her 8 years ago.
3. We come to know her mom died and her dad blames her for it.
4. Emily and her father's relationship
5. Emily's attempts at bridging the family
6. First interaction between MC and her father.
7. We get to know she is really rich.
8. We get to know she has been help captive for the last 8 years.

You have included eight major plot points/ideas in the very first chapter of your story. Now what happens when you do this is, it really becomes something like a case report instead of a flowing narrative. It's like you are listing off each point one by one.

This makes the pace really rushed and makes it harder for the readers to feel a connection to each of these points.

The thing is ALL of these plot points that I listed are really good. They have great emotional value or are really important in moving the plot forward. But since you haven't spent enough time on each of them, the readers a left overwhelmed at the amount of information thrown at them.

But the amazing thing is, your writing significantly improved as the story went on. It was pretty unrecognisable by the end. I have a lot to say about the amazing plot points which will come later but for now let's focus on the pacing.