Misunderstandings

-Note-

Hey guys! This one shot uses the Alex x Ollie ship, which was established in the first chapter. I would recommend reading that first, but it'll be fine if you don't as well.

Here is the Attack on Titan costume for anyone who needs to know what it looks like (as I refer to it in the chapter):

TRIGGER WARNING: Social Anxiety

...

It had been 3 weeks since Alex and Oliver had been dating, and while that had been some of the most fun time he had in his life, it could also get quite intimidating and overwhelming.

Especially for somebody like Oliver.

Alex was a popular jock, who was super social, handsome and wanted by literally everyone in the school (sometimes even teachers, it was really weird).

Oliver on the other hand was a nerd and weeb, with a non-existent social life because he didn't know how to talk to people or make friends.

So of course their relationship came with some challenges...

One of them being that everyone hated Oliver significantly more than they did before, and he got a lot more attention than he was used to (which might be a good thing for some people but in Oliver's case it wasn't).

He wasn't complaining about dating Alex, because that was one of the best things that had happened to him.

He would put up with that a million times over, if it meant he got to be with his boyfriend, but sometimes communication and understanding between them could become difficult because they came from two completely different worlds.

Boyfriend...that was such a weird thing to say, but exciting at the same time...

He got butterflies in his stomach every time he thought about it. Not that he would ever admit it to Annoying Alex.

"Hey short stack..." Two hands wrapped around his shoulders from behind, startling him. Alex.

"Haha, why so spaced out? Were you thinking about me?" Oliver couldn't see his face because the older teen was hugging him from behind, but he could just picture his annoying smirk without even having to look.

How did he always know what was on his mind?! So embarrassing...

"No! Not everything is about you! Stop being so full of yourself." The small teen spluttered with a huge blush.

"You're so predictable. But it's okay. I was thinking about you too." Alex placed a kiss on his cheek making Oliver's heart threaten to jump out of his chest.

It was scary how much power the jock had on his emotions... Being this vulnerable was a completely unfamiliar feeling to him.

"Aren't you gonna take your stuff?" Alex asked, pointing at his locker. Oliver had spaced out again.