New Friend

-Note-

Hey guys! This one shot uses the Alex x Ollie ship, which was established in the first chapter. I would recommend reading that first, but it'll be fine if you don't as well.

WARNING: Mature language

...

"Hey Alex, that guy has been coming by the pool a lot for practice lately. Hasn't he?" Chad asked as he scratched the back of his neck.

Alex looked towards the benches to see a tall and lanky teenager with black hair in a nerdy t-shirt, that he had come to notice in the past few days.

"Yeah, now that you say it..." Alex thought about it, and his friend was right. The guy had been coming for all of their matches and practices for the past few days, even the ones that were after school.

"He's totally checking me out." Chad smirked as he flexed his muscles casually.

"Nah dude, he is clearly looking at me." Alex said, he had definitely noticed some awkward glances from the guy sitting on the benches.

Of course the teen would never act on them because he was in a happy relationship with Ollie, but it was still flattering.

"You're wrong dude, I am a 100% sure he was watching me just right now." Chad argued.

"No you're wrong dude."

"Ok let's take a few laps and see who he's looking at once we come out of the pool." Chad challenged.

"It's on." Alex didn't really care about whether the guy had been staring at him or not (which he 100% was), the jock was used to getting a lot of attention.

The amount of people who came to just see him during his competitions and formal practices explained it all. But half of his and Chad's friendship was based off competition, and like hell was he gonna lose.

...

After 5 laps they both jumped out of the pool, trying to be subtle as they turned their attention to the guy in the seats to see where he was looking.

Suddenly their little competition wasn't so funny anymore.

"Isn't that your boyfriend?" Chad asked turning to Alex.

Indeed it was, and he looked like he was having a conversation with the guy.

Wait, did he just laugh?

He almost never laughed (unless  he was with Alex of course), or talked to people in general. What was so special about him?

Suddenly it all made sense. That guy only ever showed up when Ollie was here, and he always sat on the second last row, where his boyfriend sat because he hated the last row but he liked being on top.

He didn't have his eyes on him or Chad, he was coming here for Ollie!

Alex quickly pulled himself out of the pool and made his way towards them.

"Hey Short Stack! When did you get here?" He called out grabbing both boys' attention.

"Hey Alex. I just got here from class. Why did you come out? Are you done with practice? You only got in five minutes ago..." Ollie replied as he got up to meet him.

"Can't I want to greet my adorable boyfriend after he comes out of class?"

"What's wrong with you?" The smaller teen raised his eyebrow.

"Oliver, you didn't mention that you had a boyfriend." The teen beside him pointed out.

They were on first name basis?! When did they become so close?