32

I might just get back on track sooner or later...

***
Kasey's POV

Finally, after one more day of resting, I was finally allowed to get out.

I craved Flamin' Hot Cheetos.

Also, these days, Jace always looked troubled, especially when he's around me. He's also been avoiding me, I can tell.

I got my snacks and took out a sparkling water.

Yum.

"Hi!!! I was just informed of your recovery!!!" Kristen jumped next to me. "Oh, of course you're eating."

I scoffed. "What else?"

She grinned. "Well, did you hear that howl? I think it was from your mate..."

I frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, um, nothing." She said, trying to cover it up.

"No, tell me!" I nagged.

She shook her and and suddenly lifted her head behind me.  "I, um, gotta go," she mumbled and hurried out.

I turned my head and saw Jace. I scoffed and turned around, but he just sat next to me.

I rolled my eyes. "You done ignoring me already?"

He sighed. "I'm sorry, I had my reasons though... I was also distracted..."

"About what?" I asked.

"Nothing. You wouldn't want to know." He covered it up just like Kristen.

"Tell me!" I glared.

He shook his head. "No, stop asking."

"I should know! I'm your mate! Why won't you goddamn tell me! Even Kristen tried to cover it up! What are you hiding? Goddamnit, just tell me!" I pressed, pretty annoyed.

He slammed his hand on the table, and I flinched. "Fine! If you really want to know. I was distracted because I just found out my parents made you sick, that you would be leaving me, and you probably won't come back okay? Now are you happy?" He stormed back upstairs, leaving me there, baffled.

My mind raced with questions and I gazed at the empty seat Jace was once at. I think I went overboard, I shouldn't have pushed him to tell me all those.

I sighed and went back to my room. I guess I'll just go back to my room again, and rest.

Unknown POV (I should just name it "You know who" POV)

"Why, this is going just great," my sister said sarcastically.

I looked at her, annoyed. "Great, now when the time is up, she'll have to leave, no matter what her relationship with her mate is."

She raised her eyebrows at me. "Yeah, right. I learned not to trust your words," she said, scoffing at me.

I glared at her. "Fine, then I won't back out of this this time. I swear on Heaven and Hell that I will take Kasey after she recovers. No matter what is happening."

My sister gaped at me.

"What? This is what you surely wanted to hear right?" I leveled my gaze on her.

I saw many emotions swirl in her eyes. She spun on her heels and turned around. "Ha, ha. I wonder why I even called you a matchmaker."

I tilted my head at her. Suddenly life became more... interesting

***
This is short, I know. But hey, you had a longer chapter before!

ᐯOTᗴ 𝗔𝗻𝗱 ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥! 𓆈